• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Driver ID Help...

baco99

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Can anyone help me ID these drivers? Eminence? There are no other markings aside from what you see. Textured paper cone, 8", pleated cloth surround. Big painted magnet, stamped frame, plastic trim ring.

16930512975_2b2824eb42_b.jpg


16744307829_11ff4986ff_b.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
FYI, in case anyone was wondering, these woofers are used in professional monitors by a company called DS Audio in a system called the DR-8 which retails for $285 each at the moment. Amazing the things people toss out.

http://www.dasaudio.com/en/r/b-8-2/
 
Yeah, it's pretty sad what a wasteful society we have become.
A lot if it has to do with, believe it or not, Tax Write-offs.
 
Bizarre. I actually have a single DR-8. I got mine at my town dump. Not distributed in the US and I have been unable to find a mate to it.
 
Is it DS, or DAS? I think I've seen that exact same speaker in a DAS speaker system here. In any case, it certainly looks familiar...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
I bet it is pretty efficient!. Know what size the VC is? If it is like 1.5"~2" and flat wire I bet it screams!!
DC
 
Is it DS, or DAS? I think I've seen that exact same speaker in a DAS speaker system here. In any case, it certainly looks familiar...

Regards,
Gordon.


Yes, DAS, sorry. The system is the DR-8, the woofer is the B-8
 
DAS it is a PA manufacturer from Spain, actually one of the biggest in Europe, their equipment is pretty good, they lack the exposure of Behringer, Peavey, and the likes, but again, their equipment is very good and well known in Europe. In USA they have a sales and service office in Miami, FL.
 
Back
Top Bottom