• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Easy SE for the Masses

You do owe us some daylight photos when you get a chance, though... :-)

Here you go. Still need to tidy up the wires some.

picture.php

picture.php
 
I have a few hours on the amp Now. I'm using Tung Sol 6L6GC-STR's & GE 6SL7 and Alpair 10P/Pensils. Pairs well with the Alpairs. Very pleased with the SQ. The Transcendar OPT's perform well. Great bass. To me this amp is a great value. If I would have built this with Edcor iron and a Hammond metal chassis, I think it would still be a very good sounding amp. Also going with the Edcors/Hammond, you could build it in a few days.

I have some more tubes coming to try out. Update when it happens. :)
 
Finally, a DIY project where the builder places the spkr & input connectors in the BACK of the amp where they belong. I could never figure out why some diy/ pro builders place them on the side or front of the amp blocking the view of the tubes.

Nice job opa
 
Back
Top Bottom