• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Elite Audio Speakers

dewser

New Member
can anyone tell me what brand these speakers are.The only wording on the grill cover is Elite Audio.I cant find them anywhere
 

Attachments

  • SDC12311.JPG
    SDC12311.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC12312.JPG
    SDC12312.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 80
  • SDC12313.JPG
    SDC12313.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 81
Register to hide this ad
...paid 4.00 for 4 and dont sound bad

There are the two important points in a discussion like this: they were cheap and they don't sound bad. Under those circumstances, it doesn't matter if they are pink van speakers - add a subwoofer and have fun with them. Experiment. Check out the crossovers. If they are simply some capacitors, experiment with building a crossover for them. Or cut them down and make a pair of desktop speakers for yourself. Learn something new. That'll make $4 worth hundreds in fun and education.

A few months ago the local ReStore associate gave me a pair of Marantz tower speakers because the surrounds were rotted. ("Will you please take them away?") When I get time and initiative - or just bored - I'll slap some surrounds on them and give them to somebody. In the process I'll have fun. And make somebody else happy.

I don't see any losers in that.

GeeDeeEmm
 
Oh dear god.

Yea, they mean "Elite" in terms of "special longtime elevated sound formula, elite series"..... or something like that.
 
$1.00 each is not bad, price of a McChicken. Might be okay for ambient music in the garage or something. I’m guessing those “tweeters” are fake and only runnin that small driver as a fullrange. Maybe pick up a pair of small Dayton or Peerless fullrange drivers and throw it in there.

Dan

P.S. just saw they are an MTM. That driver spacing is horrendous.
 
I can only assume the OP bought from a friend, or CL, or rummage sale? If he bought from a White Van, he'd have been bilked for much more than $4.
 
I know this is an old thread...however....my wife comes home with a set of elite audio speakers, an rca receiver and sony 5 disk changer today... She paid 50 bucks!!!!!!! I was less than happy to say the least... She bought it from a friend who paid 300 bones for those white van monstrosities. . i hooked em up to see how bad they where... They would do ok in someone elses garage... Not mine lol. They do get loud and sound better than i thought but still not good.... Guess they go on cl for real real cheap lol... She now has promised never to buy any audio stuff with my ok...lol...gotta love it though...at least she is getting into it..lol
 
Back
Top Bottom