• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Elton John Red Piano 3 LP Set @ Best Buy $1.99!

Just ordered Police and Woodstock, $11.16 with shipping... I would have paid that for the Woodstock alone. Not a huge Police fan, but for 1.99 I'll take it!
 
I went back to another local store today and picked up the G n R LP for 1.99, it was marked 19.99, also grabbed the 2 cd BD disc of EJ TRP3 for 4.99, for a 2 day total of around 11.50 I got all 3 LPs and the Blue ray copy of EJ. Not a bad haul considering the sticker price on all of these was over 90.00 and even more at other online vendors.:D
 
I started a post about all this yesterday after I visited my local Best Buy and found the Elton John triple album on sale for $9.99 (check the dollars and sense forum). Later in the evening, I found Best Buy had dropped the price to $1.99 from their website. I had thought $9.99 was pretty damn good for a new and sealed triple live album!

All these albums (The Police, Woodstock, etc.) are closeouts. I highly doubt they'll replenish closeouts. So pending online orders most likely will never materialize. You have to visit your local stores to search. Do not depend on their online store search as it's highly inaccurate. After finding out the price had dropped to $1.99, I wanted to pick up more as future gifts. But their online search showed none in stock at my local stores. I still went to my local Best Buy this morning and found the W. Los Angeles store had 5 in stock. I bought all 5 at $1.99. Went to another store and they had The Police, so I bought that too. They also had the Elton John Blu-Ray for $4.99! I also got a price match for the one that I bought yesterday for $9.99!

Go visit your local stores. You'll never know if they have any left until you go. Do not rely on pending orders online as they probably will never replenish a closeout item. I have no doubt these were sold at a loss for $1.99.

And there may be other albums/artists as well. Don't look at the posted prices on various albums, take them to be price checked on the computer. I think a Michael Jackson LP was listed on sale (website) for $7.99, but retailed for much higher. As discussed here, there are Guns & Roses, etc. as well.

Post your finds here if you discover something good.

So your the bastard that cleaned out BB in west la. I went there yesterday and found zilch.

good to know I am competing locally with folks from this board lol. :boxing:

Anyway on a positive note......

I had ordered both the woodstock and police release online and had opted for local pickup with the police release which they said was in stock at the westfield culver city location. Of course, as I stated above I got the email saying it was not able to be found at that location and I had to try and get it elsewhere....

Sooo....After work I decided to go to as many BB's before 9pm (closing time) to try and secure at least the police release. I first went to the regular Culver City location and was able to grab the GNR release for 1.99 but no Police or anything else........

Then I went over to the Westfield Culver City location and wouldn't you know it they did in fact have the Police set on the shelf (only one). It was a little beat up with the shrink wrap torn but I wasn't about to complain for $1.99.

Hilarious, so whoever tried to fill my local pickup order just messed up, couldn't find it or didn't know where to look to find the vinyl section, to this persons credit there were maybe 4 vinyl releases on the shelf mixed in with regular cd boxsets, so I do see how it might be missed.

As I was paying the check out girl picked up my record and said "wow I had no idea we sold these here......do you have anything to play this on?" :D
 
So your the bastard that cleaned out BB in west la. I went there yesterday and found zilch.

good to know I am competing locally with folks from this board lol. :boxing:

Haha! I had no idea an Aker was coming after me. I'll tell you what, come by and I'll give you one of the Elton John album! I don't need 5 of them, but couldn't resist at $1.99 each. Thought they would make great gifts later on. Jut send me a PM and I'll give you my address. I live a few blocks away from the W.LA Best Buy.
 
I see " The Police - Live in Buenos Aires" is also 1.99.

Man... save your $$$. I bought this one a year or so ago... Absolutely worst sounding LP I have ever purchased.IMO.. Ok.. It's a live concert... but the singers are really showing their age!! voices crack... everything sounds kinda muffled... except for that damn driving drum beat... sounds like the main recording mic was placed right on the drums!! Just my opinion...

ck
 
Man... save your $$$. I bought this one a year or so ago... Absolutely worst sounding LP I have ever purchased.IMO.. Ok.. It's a live concert... but the singers are really showing their age!! voices crack... everything sounds kinda muffled... except for that damn driving drum beat... sounds like the main recording mic was placed right on the drums!! Just my opinion...

ck


yeah but for 1.99 how can you resist?
 
Haha! I had no idea an Aker was coming after me. I'll tell you what, come by and I'll give you one of the Elton John album! I don't need 5 of them, but couldn't resist at $1.99 each. Thought they would make great gifts later on. Jut send me a PM and I'll give you my address. I live a few blocks away from the W.LA Best Buy.

I may have to take you up on that! How very cool of you to offer :thmbsp:
 
Surprisingly, the Police set showed up today on my doorstop on the heels of a 300 album acquisition for $50 this past weekend thanks to SpartanManor. Was hoping it was the EJ set, but I can't complain, life's been pretty forgiving lately vinyl-wise...
 
I have played the Police album a few times, and have to say I enjoy it :) When Ciscokid said it wasn't worth the 1.99, I was a little concerned. But figured, for the money, who cares. But it does sound pretty good to these ears
 
Got mine today too, I am jamming to it right now. I am tickled pink (well maybe an off shade of red) I am enjoying it. I do love live recordings and we are all showing our age to some degree or another so I look at it as another facet of the band. I went from listening to Sting solo this morning to this so been sort of a Sting day. Kids are having a fit cause I have it cranked pretty good. Can't wait to get the Woodstock Album, I have never ever listened to a virgin copy of that. Even in the day, I had a used copy that had been used as a Frisbee and coaster.
I hear his vibrato and control in his voice and think, dang, he still has it.
I just noticed the download code to get the digital copy of it, way cool. I will enjoy having it on the road as well as home. This just keeps getting better. Hot Diggity!!
 
Last edited:
Just got my "Dear John" message.:tears:They seem soooo remorseful. Frankly I feel like it is a bait and switch sort of thing. They got the full shipping out of me, for an album that was only an after thought I surely wouldn't have ordered nor paid that shipping. I do believe, if they don't volunteer to return my shipping fees, I will file a complaint with Paypal. :rant: It won't get me anywhere but It'll make me feel a bit better. I should have known better than to do buisness with them again. I had signed off on them several years ago because of them shafting me on a washing machine warranty.
Then the capper is I went to do the download of the Police album it is no where to be found. :cry: :wtf:
 
...
Then the capper is I went to do the download of the Police album it is no where to be found. :cry: :wtf:

Same here, Woodstock cancelled. No Police download, but re-read the description, I think the download was only a song not the album. It said "a" drm-free download.
 
Went to my local bestbuy today and picked a copy of EJ Red Piano and GNR for $1.99 each. Also the EJ Blu-ray for $4.99. Couldn't find The Police in stock.
 
I picked both the Police and Elton John albums for $1.99 a few days ago. I'm going to have to start watching for closeouts now that I know about them. You can't beat the price! Has to be my first purchase of vinyl at a retail store since sometime in the mid-eighties. I think I liked it:yes:
 
MAN. I just found this thread! I missed out on the Elton John (which is a crying shame!!! :( ) but I just ordered The Police. Will go and pick it up this Saturday.. can't wait!
 
Back
Top Bottom