• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Elton John Red Piano 3 LP Set @ Best Buy $1.99!

Picked up The Police album and a couple $0.49 CD's this morning, listening to the LP as I type. It's mixed a bit too bass heavy for my tastes and my 3-subwoofer system, but the vinyl is clean and the music is good. Fantastic buy.
 
I don't think I've been to a Best Buy in ten years. I should go, as I've yet to see an actual LP for sale in a new retail store in decades. In the late '90's there was a Blockbuster/Wherehouse/whatever-the-names-were going out of sale, and I saw what LOOKED like LP's, but no, they were calendars...

The link in the OP says Not Found, and that's what I get for going so long without checking in with AK ... I obviously need to get my Karma Fix more often!
 
I was refunded today for the Woodstock boxset (ordered from website)......sucks. Email said it was backordered and they would not be ordering more.
 
I don't think I've been to a Best Buy in ten years. I should go, as I've yet to see an actual LP for sale in a new retail store in decades. In the late '90's there was a Blockbuster/Wherehouse/whatever-the-names-were going out of sale, and I saw what LOOKED like LP's, but no, they were calendars...

The link in the OP says Not Found, and that's what I get for going so long without checking in with AK ... I obviously need to get my Karma Fix more often!

If you do find one Local the sticker will not be marked down, just have it scanned and enjoy the look on the cashiers face. I think no one in the 2 stores where I found my local copies were aware of these clearance prices. All three of the LPs were marked 19.99 ea and scanned 1.99. The BD of EJ was marked 29.99 and scanned 4.99. Good Luck.
 
If you do find one Local the sticker will not be marked down, just have it scanned and enjoy the look on the cashiers face. I think no one in the 2 stores where I found my local copies were aware of these clearance prices. All three of the LPs were marked 19.99 ea and scanned 1.99. The BD of EJ was marked 29.99 and scanned 4.99. Good Luck.

Intreresting... my Elton John rang up $1.99 as well as the Police. Both were tagged at $29.99. When the sales guy rang up the Police via the price sticker it rang up $10,900.00. I told him I would like this album but not for 10 grand!!! Then he scanned the UPC and it came up $1.99. I also picked up The Beatles Abbey Road for $12.99.......my favorite album..... this copy sounds like crap. I have over 250 thrift store records that sound better than this brand new pressing. HORRIBLE>
 
Started listening to the EJ album today and it sounds like crap. Sounds to me like someone in the crowd recorded it on their phone and decided to make an LP of it.
 
I just saw several copies of GNR's Chinese Democracy at HPB tonight. They wanted 10 bucks for them. They even had the original BB stickers on them.
 
I just saw several copies of GNR's Chinese Democracy at HPB tonight. They wanted 10 bucks for them. They even had the original BB stickers on them.

Did you ring it up at the counter? Mine had the a higher sticker but came up $1.99 during checkout.
 
Thanks for the post! I was a little late to the game but I hit around 5 BB's the only $1.99 LP's left were GNR. I also got the EJ Dream Ticket 4 DVD for $4.99. I wasn't sure what EJ stuff was on clearance. Does anyone know if this DVD is any good?
 
Did you ring it up at the counter? Mine had the a higher sticker but came up $1.99 during checkout.

HPB=Half Price Books. Sorry I didn't clarify that but I found sealed copies of the GNR album at Half Price Books for 10 dollars.
 
Back
Top Bottom