• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire 888

Thank you that helps anything you can compare it to? The TE would have a blue stylus should be a nude diamond stylus. Do you think they are as good as the empire 2000e
Mine sounds suprising good for some reason.
I have an Empire 888-TE. I find it to sound rather good. It is a bit fussy to get dialed in, but yes, it's considered a decent cart
 
Thank you that helps anything you can compare it to? The TE would have a blue stylus should be a nude diamond stylus. Do you think they are as good as the empire 2000e
Mine sounds suprising good for some reason.

My TE had a white stylus. The replacement I bought was also white.

A friend had an Empire 2000e. I have to say, it might have sounded a bit better, but truly I'm going off memory and lord knows, that's not reliable.

Both are pretty darn good examples of Moving Magnet carts, in my opinion.
 
Old but not too zombie...

Just discovered a couple walco styli for the 888 in a box of fun I bought. Red grips, I'm assuming they're basic conicals, but that's cool. Thing is I don't have any empire carts.

Am i correct in thinking that any 808 0r 888 body will be the same? Is there any other cartridges this would fit?
 
I don't own an 808 myself, but folks who do that have measured them have found them the same as nearly all 888s (the 888PE's body has a bit more inductance). So anything for the 888s will work as intended in your 808. The round-shank styli will also fit the 999VE (which is really an 888) but also, with a caveat, the next-gen 90/909/999 family, which includes the 1000ZE/X. The caveat is the necessity to cut out space in the top of the plastic grip to achieve full insertion.
 
Back
Top Bottom