malden
Lunatic Member
okay, get out the hacksaw......The plug isn't heavy enough

okay, get out the hacksaw......The plug isn't heavy enough

Is the arm floating in this picture?
Or is the (CUE lever) preventing it from lowering any further?
There is an adjustment for that.
Check the action of the CUE lever make sure there is plenty of space for the tonearm to descend completely to the LP surface.
I checked the manual but it does not show any CUE lever adjustments.
It might appear that we may have incorrectly assumed that the counter weight was in-properly adjusted.
Buck
Man did I learn a lot about this turntable. The fix was to remove this set screw, oil the bearings and adjust the tension. Thanks for everyone's help. Great educational afternoonokay, get out the hacksaw......![]()
The fix was to remove this set screw, oil the bearings and tweak the tension. 55 years can have its toll on delicate tonearms. Thanks for your help. I learned about this turntable, thanks to youIs the arm floating in this picture?
Or is the (CUE lever) preventing it from lowering any further?
There is an adjustment for that.
Check the action of the CUE lever make sure there is plenty of space for the tonearm to descend completely to the LP surface.
I checked the manual but it does not show any CUE lever adjustments.
It might appear that we may have incorrectly assumed that the counter weight was in-properly adjusted.
Buck
Looks like the cue arm plate is bent! Should that screw in the photo have a head on it? Should I use a needle nose pliers to straighten the cueing plate?Is the arm floating in this picture?
Or is the (CUE lever) preventing it from lowering any further?
There is an adjustment for that.
Check the action of the CUE lever make sure there is plenty of space for the tonearm to descend completely to the LP sur
I checked the manual but it does not show any CUE lever adjustments.
It might appear that we may have incorrectly assumed that the counter weight was in-properly adjusted.
Buck