• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Epos Elan - amplifier experiences ?

T.O.S.

Active Member
Hello
I am curious if you auditioned these speakers , or related ,in Elan series with other amplifiers than Creek and wich is your opinion. I am in search of an amp for my Elan 10 (4ohm) speakers
 
Register to hide this ad
I tried mine Epos Epic 2 with a NuPrime IDA-8, Musical Fidelity M2si and a Pass Aleph. They were all nice enough, but the Aleph was my personal favorite.
 
Should be , there is at least 4.5 x the price ,I believe , isn't it ?
I tried mine Epos Epic 2 with a NuPrime IDA-8, Musical Fidelity M2si and a Pass Aleph. They were all nice enough, but the Aleph was my personal favorite.
 
Should be , there is at least 4.5 x the price ,I believe , isn't it ?

Oops...it was a Aleph clone/kit. But built to very high standards of quality by a very capable tech. So...maybe 2x the price of the NuPrime and MF. I think it probably has more to do with class A MOSFET sonic character than outright price. I found the upper mids from the Epic 2's a bit hot for my taste, but the Aleph took the edge off.
 
The Elon 10 should not difficult to drive. Probably little need to over think an amplifier for them.

Fwiw, I think my combination of Epos Epic 2 and Exposure 2010s2 work well together.
 
As far as I know them , the Elans are veri neutral sounding speakers but also very
The Elon 10 should not difficult to drive. Probably little need to over think an amplifier for them.

Fwiw, I think my combination of Epos Epic 2 and Exposure 2010s2 work well together.

I am thinking that being 4 ohm instead of 8 they need more current than more usual 8 ohm speakers and some amps don't particularily like that !
 
As far as I know them , the Elans are veri neutral sounding speakers but also very


I am thinking that being 4 ohm instead of 8 they need more current than more usual 8 ohm speakers and some amps don't particularily like that !

Sure… high current is better than low current.

Stay away from receivers and think about a decent contemporary integrated or separates.

I have no idea what you wish to spend so I can’t help ypu beyond that.
 
Back
Top Bottom