• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Fake" Sony ES components ;)

My inferiority complex is growing in leaps and bounds... bad enough that your pictures of real Sony ES gear are so damned nice that they shame my own feeble efforts to capture a nice picture of audio gear with a camera, now you're making pictures of gear that doesn't even exist, that are better still!

:ntwrthy:


John
 
My inferiority complex is growing in leaps and bounds... bad enough that your pictures of real Sony ES gear are so damned nice that they shame my own feeble efforts to capture a nice picture of audio gear with a camera, now you're making pictures of gear that doesn't even exist, that are better still!

:ntwrthy:


John

Thank you! It's fun, now I think I will create a 4 track Reel to Reel and see how that turns out. :yes:
 
Maybe a cool signal processor that they never had "back in the day", and power amp with giant meters!

John
 
Ok...I'm a bit floored with your results. I assumed you rendered the entire units in Illustrator or another rendering program.

I assume most work was done using the slice/vector tools? I've not been able to wrap my head around working bezier curve work. I'd LOVE to have you email your full, layered PS file of one of these, although I'm guessing its wayyy too big to email.

Minimally, will you post some of your starting photos, before any retouching? It appears you used a light box, and added all shadowing after-the-fact, but I still can't get past the rendered look as opposed to real-life cut/past/massage stuff.

Very. Very. Very skilled PS ability here. I may have to hit you up at some point, for something, someday.

Your PS work is only dwarfed by your tube amp building ability. I still wish you would've been willing to ship that 300b unit. I would jump so fast on that...

Rock on Sir. You got it going on!
:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::tresbon:
 
Ok...I'm a bit floored with your results. I assumed you rendered the entire units in Illustrator or another rendering program.

I assume most work was done using the slice/vector tools? I've not been able to wrap my head around working bezier curve work. I'd LOVE to have you email your full, layered PS file of one of these, although I'm guessing its wayyy too big to email.

Minimally, will you post some of your starting photos, before any retouching? It appears you used a light box, and added all shadowing after-the-fact, but I still can't get past the rendered look as opposed to real-life cut/past/massage stuff.

Very. Very. Very skilled PS ability here. I may have to hit you up at some point, for something, someday.

Your PS work is only dwarfed by your tube amp building ability. I still wish you would've been willing to ship that 300b unit. I would jump so fast on that...

Rock on Sir. You got it going on!
:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::tresbon:

Thanks! I am still learning, the 4 track reel I just finished I think is the best so far. I do eveything in Photoshop and basically use layers and shadow effects, ect. I like the way the brushed aluminum came out.

I am not an expert, so I am sure there are better ways to draw, but I like the results. I can send a link where you can download the PSD file if you like, just for fun, here is a bare chassis.
 

Attachments

  • TC-1704ESBARE.jpg
    TC-1704ESBARE.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 108
Nice job Vince.....you fooled me...I saw these on your Flickr site and I thought those were real production units and I googled for more info. :sigh: :tears:
 
Nice job Vince.....you fooled me...I saw these on your Flickr site and I thought those were real production units and I googled for more info. :sigh: :tears:

I wish it was true. :sigh:

Really cool work Vince! Although I think technically the DAC should have a DAS-####ES designation... :)

Good catch, I think I will make a new DAC, that one is too plain. :music:
 
My inferiority complex is growing in leaps and bounds... bad enough that your pictures of real Sony ES gear are so damned nice that they shame my own feeble efforts to capture a nice picture of audio gear with a camera, now you're making pictures of gear that doesn't even exist, that are better still!

:ntwrthy:


John

I about fell outa my chair reading that one!!:lmao:

They are very fine renditions of items we would love to have for sure!!:D
 
What would have been the last ES piece of equipment that Sony produced?

The TA-DA5700ES HT receiver was released earlier this year in Japan. Not available in the US.

Excellent work, Vincei :thmbsp: However, I'd recommend the ES minidisc component player/recorder be a "Hi-MD" model (capable of recording in lossless with MD). Sony had portable models but Onkyo actually released 2 components models.
 
Last edited:
Oh if only.....

I'm no fan of Sony these days, but they did make some incredible gear in their prime.

The ES series was one of my favorite. A shame, really. Sony was such an innovator once.
 
The current lack of innovation from Sony is an example of what happens when the visionary who started the company is no more. The bean counters take over and the heart and soul is lost.

I would buy some of that gear were it available. Fantastic work!
 
originally posted by JoeESP9 The current lack of innovation from Sony is an example of what happens when the visionary who started the company is no more. The bean counters take over and the heart and soul is lost.

Not to mention that for most 'normal' (whatever that is?) people gear like this is not needed, required or of any kind of priority in life these days.

When is the last time you walked into a person's home other than you're own and not a member of AK that had any ACTUAL stereo gear in it? How many with higher end stereo gear? I can't even name 1!!!:sigh:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom