• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Fake" Sony ES components ;)

Yeah madpioneer,I know only two...one inherited some Tannoys and was about to get rid of them...I enlightened him as to their value and helped him refoam.

The other I had to practically twist his arm to upgrade his pathetic little PC speakers.At least now he has some HPM 900s.
 
Cool, Laser Disc and ?

He doesn't need one! If you look at his other photos on Flicker, you'll see he plays his Laservision discs on a Technics SLD-D20.

When is the last time you walked into a person's home other than you're own and not a memeber of AK that had any ACTUAL stereo gear in it? How many with higher end stereo gear? I can't even name 1!!!:sigh:

So true. We will spend more on a single stylus (or reel of tape, or similar) than most spend on their entire music reproducing machinery.
 
Last edited:
Great work vincei!

I've only had one ES component, a DAT deck, 57 ES, great machine, wish I still had it.....
 
The stuff you designed is just... INCREDIBLE! Now I have a challenge for you...

... design a Sony ES Walkman!
 
Beautiful work!

oh, and:
tumblr_m820xuKkNC1qdpyvc.jpg


:D
 
Top view. There was a real PS-X555ES TT that was similar, but this one is the higher end version. ;)

I have the PS-X555ES. It would look a heck of a lot better with rose wood sides, to match the rest of the lineup!

Nice work, Vincei.:thmbsp:
 
Wow!!! Simply, wow!!!

Only "if" Sony would design and release a new line of ES gear with there "classic" styling of the 90s. The turntable and reel to reel was a nice touch!!

What about adding a FM tuner??

Doesn't hurt to dream!!
 
Holy $hit! That rtr is absolutely stunning. That would be so amazing if Sony manufactured that. Imagine what it would cost though. Man, even capable with a remote? Would be cool to operate this via remote.
Same here! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw both the R2R and the Elcaset.

Such a shame analog tape era is gone...
 
Yeah I wish they were "reel", I would love to have the reel to reel. Oh well, at least we can dream.
 
Yeah I wish they were "reel", I would love to have the reel to reel. Oh well, at least we can dream.
Really good work. Why not just to send this material to Sony? They could make a limited number of some of these items for collectors. There are a lot of people around who would pay good money for a "brand new" Elcaset easily...

Like someone wrote: This age (1970′s to early 1990′s) was the golden age of real, highest of high-fidelity, when the manufacturers were falling over each other to build the most-powerful, most-reliable, best-sounding units, and damn the cost.
 
NICE!!! You made the TT a linear tracker -- good for you! :D But it doesn't have the Biotracer arm gimbal...
 
Back
Top Bottom