• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Fake" Sony ES components ;)

I have the PS-X555ES. It would look a heck of a lot better with rose wood sides, to match the rest of the lineup!

Nice work, Vincei.:thmbsp:

There was a version of the PS-X555ES that had wood sides.

Sony%20PS-X555ES_with_wood_sides.jpg
 
Well, I'm in for one of the RTR decks. You really need to send your work to Sony, you may have a carreer in design, all of those componnents are pretty much better then the real deals, or in the case of things that were never made, mighty perty.
 
I'll take them all of them.
Not only Sony but a lot of other stereo companys should higher you.
They would all be back in the stereo game again and not the lack luster junk they sell to day.
 
The problem is, Sony won't ever go back to this design (or even to this kind of lineup). No money in it for them.

They do like to release some great speakers every decade or so, but the days of ES are gone. Glad we have these mockups to dream about!
 
The problem is, Sony won't ever go back to this design (or even to this kind of lineup). No money in it for them.

They do like to release some great speakers every decade or so, but the days of ES are gone. Glad we have these mockups to dream about!

Very true, I doubt we will see these components again, but maybe they could release some modern recievers, DAC's ect that would match these older units, but I will not hold my breath. :tears:
 
Thanks, it's fun imagining these things up. Here is my latest. :D


SONY ES TC-2000ES MASTER RECORDER by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr

How funny! Some guy is selling a R2R that's EXACTLY like that on my local Craigslist! :smshot:

Here's how he describes it:
"My uncle used to work for Sony and when he retired a few years ago, they gave him this fully-functional prototype Sony ES reel to reel deck as a retirement gift. This was made in the late 90's or early 2000.

Pic is from the brochure which I will include. The deck is still packed in the box and I don't want to put it together and risk damaging it.

It is an incredible deck, but the price point was too high so they scrapped the plan. According to my uncle Wayne, Sony made 4 of these. The serial number is 00003. My uncle gave it to me to sell because he is moving to Arizona and knows we could use the extra money for my son's education fund.

I have no clue as to the actual value, so I looked up comparable decks and found a Technics RS-1700 that seems like this one. Since it is too heavy to ship. weighs 78 pounds, I am selling it local. I think a grand is fair for such a rare reel to reel."
 
Last edited:
I really miss the classic looks of all the Sony ES equipment of the 90s... I hope that Sony will someday return to their glory days and market another line of upper end ES units again.
 
I really miss the classic looks of all the Sony ES equipment of the 90s... I hope that Sony will someday return to their glory days and market another line of upper end ES units again.

Well, I guess you never know. Look at Yamaha, they have a nice lineup of vintage looking units, so we can always hope. :music:
 
Are those original,or just someone mod?

I'm not sure if the wood sides in this photo were original or mod, I found the pic out on the interwebs. Looks like a catalog image.

The Vintage Knob does say there was a version of the PS-X555ES with wood sides, but not sure if these are them in the photo.
 
verry nice

you should contact sony

i love the preamp and the power amp

maybe they would use your designs and do a limited preamp power amp

and blu ray player build.
 
Don't need to wait, I've got a pair of these:

attachment.php


32kg each, three individual crossovers, copper busbars, baffle's about 3" thick.
The tweeters are vapour deposited alumina and the drivers are cross carbon fibre reinforced polyolefin- all die cast and sit on 12kg solid laminated ply rosewood covered stands.

There was a SSG777es speaker in Japan- even better again.

Very nice!!! Waitin' for the speakers
 

Attachments

  • ssg333es.jpg
    ssg333es.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom