• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite T.V. theme song

A fun read for me, this thread, if for no other reason than the multitude of mentions of themes on which I worked. Not to be confused with taking any credit, though. I'm going to add an obscure one one to this list. In 1979, before they created Hill Street Blues for MTM Productions, Steven Bochco and Michael Kozol created a PI show starring James Earl Jones, which only lasted half a season, Paris. It was scored by Fred Karlin, and his theme is a beaut.
 
Space Rangers (1993)
Here is a real obscure TV theme written by Hans Zimmer this show was canceled before it finished its first season.

 
Northern exposure
Not available on streaming, bought the entire series on dvd.
I noticed some of the music played during the original episodes has changed on the dvd’s.
I think they didn’t want to pay royalties.
Great series.
 
I actually enjoyed the theme for a 1 season and done show on AMC - Rubicon
(Spooks and conspiracies and more ...) Sad when they cancelled it.
 
My jam as a child was The Courtship of Eddie's Father.
I believe Harry Nilsson wrote and sang it?
Correct...as it happens...I have Harry's "Greatest Hits" on vinyl...thanks for pointing me in the direction of my first evening spin later...

Cheers!

David

Oh...fave theme "song"...the old/original tune from Batman...
 
As an emerging gearhead Back In The Day, one of my favorites was the theme from "Route 66" by Nelson Riddle.
The concept of two young-ish bachelors rolling across the US in a Corvette roadster had great appeal to me.

 
Back
Top Bottom