• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher console goodwill site

I did not want it, just giving a heads up is all, 2000 mi away I guess its a little to far to travel to pick it up.:D

Understood. :yes:
I have always wondered about the AK effect on auctions, CL ads and such??

Are sellers even aware/thankful that if something gets posted here, their viewing traffic rises exponentially?
 
The AK effect may have had something to do with it but how many people were actually close enough to pick this up?It looked like a nice unit but had it been near me $100 would have been tops.Thats even a stretch.As much as I like this I don't know if it would be worth it to me.I think you would have to be a major Fisher fan.
 
I've never seen prices on GW go very high. Though this may hit $100.
If I was within 100 miles I'd be bidding, but alas I am too far. Though I think the Contemporary cabinet version of this model looks a lot better than this Provincial one, I'd be all over it for it's stellar contents, an X-101-A amp and a 101 tuner.

Are you kidding? Most of the stuff on Shopgoodwill.com goes for more than (bay)! Mostly due to the shill bidding of the GW staff, but that's another thread.
 
The AK effect may have had something to do with it but how many people were actually close enough to pick this up?It looked like a nice unit but had it been near me $100 would have been tops.Thats even a stretch.As much as I like this I don't know if it would be worth it to me.I think you would have to be a major Fisher fan.

The amp in there would bring far in excess of $100 on the open market.
 
I just recently heard of this "shopgoodwill" site. Is it really the same Goodwill that you see the stores at? If so I'm bummed out. Now more and more of this great stuff will end up on the auction site getting the price it probably deserves instead of being tagged by some employee, set on the shelf, and picked up for a fraction by someone like me who doesn't have the checkbook like that. How are we fellow penny pinchers supposed to snag a score?!? Or is it scroe? :D

Aside from that, I am actually glad that some of the stuff that ordinarily would get sent to the dump because no one wants it (lets face it, your ordinary goodwill shopper isn't going to buy a console) is going to someone who can appreciate it, will likely restore it, and hopefully won't just flip it. Plus if its listed you can be sure that some bratty kid won't be coming bye to take the knobs off and push the dust covers in for fun.
 
The amp in there would bring far in excess of $100 on the open market.

I have no doubt as you can see what it did bring.I'm just saying to me I don't know enough about these to shell out that kind of coin.Had that popped up at my local thrift it would have been priced at $34.99 and I would have snatched it up quick.
 
I'm a little over 200 miles from there and wanted it in the worst way, but was out when it got over $200. I've been looking for a Fisher consule for sometime. The GF wants one as well. Too bad. The hunt continues.


Phil
 
Back
Top Bottom