• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Foo Fighters - TV , New Album Sonic Highways

Picked up a copy today on vinyl - best FF effort yet IMHO. This album rocks and this band is coming of age. Get it!
 
Picked up a copy today on vinyl - best FF effort yet IMHO. This album rocks and this band is coming of age. Get it!

Just got my album today as well. What a great sounding LP. First time through was fantastic. They gave me two download cards by mistake. First time that has ever happened to me with an album. Or was this on purpose?

Anyways back to the album:music:

-Josh
 
Enjoying the show so far. Been a Foo Fighters fan from the beginning. Got to meet Dave Grohl at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona couple years back. Actually struck me as a really cool, down to earth type of guy.
 
I was concerned the 8 songs would sound different being recorded in different studios . It sounds great though .
 
I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. What a great day we live in where one can buy the vinyl and enjoy it in the living room and get the download card for the PC and iPod. From now on, this will be my preferred way to listen to a new album from any artist that chooses to make it available on vinyl. Tom Petty, check. FF, check, PF, check.
 
I was concerned the 8 songs would sound different being recorded in different studios . It sounds great though .

I was also expecting the songs to sound different from being done in different studios and being influenced by different locations. But to be honest, that was / is some of the appeal of the album. I was a bit concerned about Nashville because I'm not a country music fan. But it was a fracking rock song. :) FWIIW, I do hear a bit of difference between each track that I can identify as studio / locational influences but I believe that is largely because I'm watching the series on HBO and seeing the influences before / as I'm hearing the song. At least with the four that hit before the album. Can't wait until next week. I love the next song.

I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. What a great day we live in where one can buy the vinyl and enjoy it in the living room and get the download card for the PC and iPod. From now on, this will be my preferred way to listen to a new album from any artist that chooses to make it available on vinyl. Tom Petty, check. FF, check, PF, check.

Love this as well. It has been going on for a while now. Also, if you buy music from amazon.com, look for releases on vinyl and CD that say 'Autorip' under the title on the order page. Amazon will automatically add the MP3 version to your cloud drive. They don't do this for all albums but they do it for many.
 
I am enjoying the influences from the different music scenes . But the sound quality is seamless from what I can hear . I think it is really a great album .

When I went into the record store , I was somewhat excited . It had been a long time since I had walked into a record store and wanting to buy 2 new releases in one day ! ( Pink Floyd - The Endless River )
 
Last edited:
Rancho de la Luna. Outside. :thmbsp:

Freaking Great Series.

Here is a random photo of the Rancho control room.
 
Last edited:
Just got the album today, on vinyl. Wonderful album. If only the download of the album had actually downloaded. Cannot find it anywhere on my computer. Grrrrrrr.
 
What a fantastic series Sonic Highways has turned out to be - it's inspired me to dig into some music I overlooked in the past and it's been a truly rewarding experience.

Always liked Dave Grohl but I wasn't too big a Foo Fighters fan - I sure have become one.
 
The last episode is on tomorrow night at 11:00 PM on HBO . What a truly great series and it has made a great album even better .
 
Back
Top Bottom