• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frazier Model Nine

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
I'm a fan of Frazier, but the Piezo tweeters don't really excite me...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/ele/4822758244.html

00m0m_falWxtYdy3Z_600x450.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
106 dB of efficiency is nothing to sneeze at. Probably has a tiny sweet spot with that tweeter arrangement; it would tend to act like a planar source, and not a point source.
 
Those are made for an auditorium, I don't think the tweeters have a control adjustment on this model. On the home models you can dial in the piezo tweeters. Jack Frazier used those tweet's quite well though in a bunch of different models.
 
In the past, I've heard some horrid piezo implementations, and as such I've tended to shy away from them. More recently, I've heard what they can do in the hands of a talented designer, and I've been much more impressed. They require careful consideration to work properly, but by all accounts Jack Frazier could use them well.
 
Yeah, I've seen other Frazier models with the piezo, so I knew he was a fan of them. The Frazier models I've owned use a horn tweeter.
 
Yeah, I've seen other Frazier models with the piezo, so I knew he was a fan of them. The Frazier models I've owned use a horn tweeter.

I know over the course of their product life the Frazier Mk IV started with a horn tweeter, then later had a piezo tweeter and finally a soft dome tweeter.

The very first pair of speakers I ever bought at a thrift, when I started in this hobby about 10 years ago, was a pair of Mk Frazier Mk IV with the horn tweeter. When I bought them I had never even heard of Frazier before. And the search and googling led me to AK.

For those who have an interest, there is a Facebook page and also a section on the Klipsch forum devoted to Frazier. AKA The Frazier Users Group.
Quite a few AK members are members over there, including our own "PM Summer" amongst many other Frazier heads. IIRC correctly PM Summer LOVES those Frazier Auditorium speakers, he claims they are amazing.
 
Pair of 11's for sale on ebay.

Those look familiar.

But that aside. My Frazier Mark IVs that I bought off of CL about a year ago are my favorite speakers, and use dual Piezoelectric twieeter/horns or whatever you want to call them in each cabinet.

That being said, they do have a pot on the back for them, I have them dialed all the way up, but at my advanced age I'm sure I don't hear anything above about 10.5 KHZ.

If I ever get a chance to buy a pair of Frazier Sevens for a reasonable price, I think I'd jump at the chance.

Cheers,
Wayne
 
Back
Top Bottom