• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frazier X-15 Man Cave Speakers

Even more sad that he beat me to them, now that I see these pictures! Oh well... they would've been tough to get home.
 
Yep, all the flat surfaces covered with Mahogany veneer and the curved surfaces done in CA Red.
 
Ah, an Altec compression driver, probably an 806. I've seen photos of other old Fraziers that used Altecs.
These are much earlier than i would have guessed, confirmed by the Altec and Utah/Jensen/CTS drivers. Note the OEM Altecs have smooth covers, fairly uncommon. Early Dixielanders i've seen with 806's were still in Frazier blue, but had the embossed covers.

I fully expected to see an Atlas threaded driver over an EVM-15B as they were later loaded with.
 
ubangi ...LOL
The affectionately forementioned:

rca+ubangi1.jpg


rcaubangi3.jpg


I'd post a pic of tribesmen, but too many jackasses here would get their panties in a bunch and put a derogatory spin on it.
 
Mark has posted a video of playing the X-15's on Facebook Frazier users group, they sound very good. I would love to hear them in person. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom