• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fraziers-Great-Asheville

Register to hide this ad
heh...

I may be headed to Asheville this weekend, but I am bursting to the seams with speakers/gear as it is....:sigh:
 
Those things look enormous. I have a friend in Asheville, but there's no way she could move those monsters. Probably for the best, but very very tempting, especially at that price.
 
Good, pick them up for me...:smoke:

Don't hold your breath....:smoke:

I'm prolly going to my M-I-L's place at the lake anyway, since it's free, and I've got a Jag repair bill coming, along with a $1200 bill from the Bou Scouts for my son's ticket to the 100 anni Jamboree.....
 
Guys what are these worth tho' (Yeah I know that's subjective) and what does anyone know about them? speaker sizes, known issues, crossovers, etc.

They look cherry and I'm only 2 hours away so I may just ask my wife for forgiveness vs permission! She already loathes my DQ-10's so what the hell.

Speaking of speakers......what are a 9/10 set of HPM's worth? I have a guy Jonesing for cash to finance a Thorens. He's asking 220 for them, a Sansui & Marantz TT and also throwing in a set of Jensen Towers and some old Marantz Recevier (don't get excited, it has an 8 track built in)

Whaddya think?
 
They are definitely worth the $150 asking price, as long as you have the room. I love the sound of the Fraziers that I have heard, but none of them have looked as nice as these. I love that retro big speaker look. The sonics on those should be very nice, even by modern standards.

Frazier did make a habit of using many yellow capacitors, wired parallel, in their crossovers. Take off the back of the cabinet and you'd swear you were looking at an al Qaeda operative strapped with dynamite. You may need to replace those, once you figure out what the capacitance is.
 
IIRC I posted a link to these a couple of months ago. Well, at least I remember seeing them on the CHT CL for much more than the $150 they're at now. If they are correct that is a great price.

That is an odd backside pic. Almost looks like a Frazier Dixielander has been encased in the nice outer box/cabinet. Certainly the woofer imprint on the front grill cloth would counter that idea, but it would be an interesting pair to examine. Thank goodness I'm two hours away and we're moving my son to college this weekend.

Although I will have a small U-Maul truck at hand and I'll be in Greensboro, NC...
 
Yea, he is asking $250 now. :scratch2:

Pulling the old bait and switch with the asking price...it is $150 until the first caller, then $200, then....:thumbsdn:
 
Got'em! I'll pick them up later. My brother in law lives up there and was kind enough to get them for me. However I think he's diggin' em too! I better not wait too long!
 
Does anyone know the efficiency rating of these in general terms? I have the Mark VI's. I'll find out tomorrow when I hook them up to my new Tanberg 2055!!
 
Back
Top Bottom