• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fraziers-Great-Asheville

Does anyone know the efficiency rating of these in general terms? I have the Mark VI's. I'll find out tomorrow when I hook them up to my new Tanberg 2055!!

About on par with Klipsch heritage... think Cornwall for those VIs, something along the lines of 96 dBW.
 
Holy Bat-Crap Batman! These things sound super! I haven't heard Corny's before (heard Klipschorns tho') be that as it may; these things are taking away my desire to go after a set of Altec Valencia's someone has.

Currently they are hooked up to in my AV room to a big old Outlaw 770 amp and 990 processor and are stellar. I'm gonna break out the 70s' stuff and start playing later this week with various combos to see what I like best with them. I was gonna trade someone these for a G8700 in the box but I dunno. If I can get my wife to stay outta that room I may just keep these!

Hard to tell at the moment but sensitivity-wise I'd say they are between 96-99 dbs.

Peace out.
 
You got any pictures of the innards of those? I really think I'm seeing a JBL 075 bullet horn in the upper left, of the closest cab in the picture.... so curious what's really inside of them..
 
No I haven't cracked them open just yet. I actually bought them sight unseen (in person anyway) My Brother In Law heaerd them and said they sounded great. The rest is history.

They have a few flaky edges in the veneer but if the tops are solid wood (not sure) I could always re-veneer the sides. The fronts are solid wood I do know that. The grill cloth is immaculate that could be re-used in a resto. I'll open them up later this month after the kids are back in school and get a few pics up. They're black boxes in cabinetts and were a beyotch to move upstairs!

They sound stellar as is and that's curious to me. I would think the surrounds would be about shot and I'm pretty certain the previous owners have never done anything to them. Did Frazier use a different surround material ala HPM's? Any info on that would be appreciated.
 
ahhh.. OK.. I was wondering. Didn't know Frazier had a driver that looked like that. That's why I was wondering what was really in them.. if maybe someone changed out parts was what I was thinking.
 
Back
Top Bottom