• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Game of what speakers are these?

ASDadam

New Member
Someone on Facebook has these speakers on sale. The big ones look familiar but I can't place them. Can anyone tell me what these two different speakers are? Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20200517-002317.png
    Screenshot_20200517-002317.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot_20200517-002326.png
    Screenshot_20200517-002326.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 216
Register to hide this ad
I have no idea what either of them are but you may have some gems. Maybe not!!

The 1st pair look very promising!! They sort of have an Infinity look to them with the glare off the grill cloth. Probably not tho since the cabinets are not recognizable and do not look home brewed. See the bi-wired posts!!! I would go check them out. They also look to be bipolar, so the imaging should be great if the drivers are correct. Give them a listen and check the drivers out. If they are of that vintage, they may need work. Negotiate accordingly.

The 2nd, unless you can get them on the cheap, there is a lot of work going on there. Drivers missing. No idea what they are. The cabinets look solid. Could be a decent project for the future.

Just remember, If you can't test a speaker, it is probably dead. If you can and it is partially functioning, I only offer half of what the asking price is. Go with your gut. If it says NO at first, go with your gut!!!
 
Sadly we will never know. Guy said they were sold and wouldn't tell me the model numbers. Thanks for the help.
 
Sadly we will never know. Guy said they were sold and wouldn't tell me the model numbers. Thanks for the help.
That's too bad, but I wonder why the seller wouldn't divulge the models and numbers. He sold them, why would he care? I say this because no one could I.D. them. It would have been good info if another set appears some day.
 
Found out what they are. Guy bought them to relist them. Shame I couldn't get them.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20200518-160047.png
    Screenshot_20200518-160047.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 93
Wow, I never heard of the Heil Kithara before. I looked it up and it's pretty intriguing. Too bad you couldn't snatch em up.
 
Yeah too bad, they get a good review here: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0904/heilkithara.htm

Plus, who knew what Oskar Heil looked like? Calling groupie @Porkloin
View attachment 1870925
I wish I had the time to tinker with omnidirectional speakers like that - it makes perfect sense with a dipole tweeter on top. Lincoln Walsh seems to be the only one that could successfully market such a thing.
That Kithara would be pretty cool with another woofer in the bottom set up in a push/pull configuration like the M&K subwoofers. I'm trying to envision how to set up a modern full-ranger on top as a "transition" driver.
My perceptions of Oskar Heil as a damn handsome man are obviously colored by the AMTs in the living room

amt_Silver.jpg
 
It was probably an ugly love seat, straight from a house of ill repute.:eek:

Just trying to make you feel better.
Not getting them will sting for a little bit, keep your chin up and keep looking.
 
Back
Top Bottom