• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garrard cartridge carrier

secretguy

Super Member
Does anyone know of anywhere in the ENTIRE universe where I might get a Garrard C6 cartridge slide? It seems to be the only one that no one has. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Any idea what it looks like? I have a few old carriers, but no idea what part number they are.
 
Hi, I have bought an extra cartridge slide and a 45 auto changer cylinder and some other stuff for my Garrard SL-95B from DualParts on ebay and have had excellent experience with him.

Here is a current link to his listings: http://stores.ebay.com/Turntableexp...-parts_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ3QQftidZ1QQtZkm

his store is turntableexperts-com

Here is a quick video of my turntable in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBRHt97_Nk

Best of luck,
stephanie

Thanks, but they don't have it.
 
The C1 - C5 carriers are fairly easy to find, even NOS. The C6 carrrier is another animal.

Your best bet will probably be to watch for a cheap GT-55 table to be listed on an auction site for parts. There is one currently on Ebay but as you can guess, the carrier is missing.:sigh:

Good luck.
 
According to the blog on the Turntable Factory's site, the e-mail and phone are no longer in service. There is no one there repairing tables at the current time. This may change in the future.
 
Just happened to have stumbled onto the manual for the one I have, and can report that the part number for the C6 carrier is 78715. Since the C2 and C3a carriers I have have both the type and the part number printed on them, I assume the C6 does too, so this is probably utterly useless information.
But I wanted to show my support. (And its not like the rest of my posts are always super useful.)
 
Thanks for the help, suggestions...and support LOL. I'll just keep looking. If anyone trips over a spare in their attic, let me know!
 
This is for a GT 55 (The last version of the true tangent arm).

I can't find a pic. The poster Nat reported that the part number is 78715 if that helps.

Thanks yet again.
 
The Garrards after the Zero 100 weren't too numerous when new. Parts and accessories are harder to come by for them. Some hunting is really needed. I wish Garrard had stuck with the SL 95 carriers onwards as those are much easier to find, even NOS. The GT 55 is very uncommon and not too many sold during their era.
 
Rats- there's a 2025 TC in the local thrift. Didn't check for the presence of a cartridge carrier anyhow. The GT55 looks pretty sweet, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom