• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Girlfriends. Do you ever miss them.

Donkey!

AK member
Banned
I just got to thinking, like I always do. do you guys ever miss old flames.
I mean really miss 'em.

I know most of you are old enough to be my father, which is cool. don't mean that in a bad way. But do you? Do you ever miss them.

I just find find my self wondering sometimes. Did i have the one and **** it up, or was that just a 'Learner', teacher of sorts.

I've had a respectable number of girlfriends. I'm not a man whore. But I'm not naive either. But when it's all said and done. I only miss one. Just one.
Guess she was special. I'll always think so, anyways. Shitty thing is I know those emotions get in the way of newer things.

I'm just stupid and young. But I like to be an expert in just about anything, and know it 'all' for sure. But, hey. Sometimes you have to stop fooling yourself right?

My solution to the problem is stay single but have fun. But, that sucks.

I'm home on con. leave right now. Recovering from a shoulder surgery.
So I'll be here. I know I've started some threads which got allot of response , but i wasn't around to participate. Sorry.

I am genuinely curious though about the lady friend thing.

Makes me wonder what approach a guy like me ought to have. Drinking is starting to get old. You have to drink allot for it to get old too.

OK, smack me in the face.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't miss them, but I do wonder from time to time what they are doing with their lives these days...
 
There's one woman in particular that I miss very, very much. We didn't split up because of an argument or disagreement; it was a career move on her part. You get to thinkin' about what might have been, or what life would be like 20 years later... *sigh* Some things that hurt never stop hurting completely. Less, but never quite 100%.
Tom
 
At your age and mine you will never be an expert at love, nor figure out what a woman really thinks or wants!

With that said I do wonder once in a while how things would have turned out had I made different choices under the circumstances in the past with one special lady. But she's moved on and so have I, make the best of the one you are with!

Don't look back, it'll drive you crazy!

My 2¢

PS if it was ment to be with a gal from the past it will happen, but never on your terms, but when you least expect it ...
 
Hell. I use to dream I would get paid for shooting things.

Look at me now.:banana:

I have pics but they're too big.
 
Yep, that's the way its always happened to me...Ones I've fret about & chased, plotted about, beat myself up over...never amounted to NOTHIN'...And then one'll come out of left field & knock you off yr feet..But yeah, I wonder what happened to most of 'em...Even the ones I was bitter at, I hope they're happy & doing well now...But no, kid..You'll live to be 1000, & you'll never figure women out...I think that's really the way its supposed to be, too...And there's one out there for you...Sounds trite, I know, but its true..I hope you don't hafta wait til you're 48 like I was, but it'll happen..and like I said, when you least expect it...<grin>
 
I don't miss my old flames but I am curious as to what they're up to now. I also find myself wondering "what if." As this is an audio forum, I have to suggest a tune for this thread, Led Zepplin's "Ten Years Gone." :thmbsp:
 
Well, I believe the least expecting part. She was a good example.

I was in love with my new sports car. Just lost the old, old lady friend, and I'll be damned if it wasn't the day I brought that damn car home did I meat her. Right in front of my house. Great sex, great sex......... Damn!

****. :scratch2:
 
i miss em too my wife made me give em up silly thing monogamy you have never lived until your wife, your car payment, and your girfiend are all late in the same month
 
yamahammer said:
i miss em too my wife made me give em up silly thing monogamy you have never lived until your wife, your car payment, and your girfiend are all late in the same month

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Time to run... there just ain't much fun... left in the ole gun...

When you've spent that many... ummmmmmmm















Peanuts... Get your peanuts...

Popcorn...

Cold beer...

Nothing like being at the race track when the wheels are fly'n off and your in the front row :D
 
be careful what you wish for...

i too had "the one that got away" when i was younger,i always regretted being young and stupid in my choices...so one day when i was around 30-ish through the wonders of the internet i found an address and sent her a tentative note...what followed was amazing...for a while,i got to say all the things i always wished i had,i dare say i swept her off her feet even,because i knew how,and i wasn't gonna make the same mistake twice...but the end result?...well,i guess i was young and stupid,but somehow right in the first place.

nowadays i'm single again and in retrospect,getting in touch and involved with her again was probably about the worst mistake i ever made...your life and personal identity are built upon a tapestry of your cumulative experiences,and you don't want to pull too hard on some of the threads that make it up...it's a huge risk,it's not like having a bad breakup with someone you've just met,your present AND your past get destroyed,i can't even explain how badly you can be hurt in such a situation....it amazes me still
 
yamahammer said:
i miss em too my wife made me give em up silly thing monogamy you have never lived until your wife, your car payment, and your girfiend are all late in the same month

Damn! that's a good one.

I'm going to email that to my friend who is pregnant with his girlfriend.

That's great. Made me feel better.
 
he too might have had the scene where he "meats" her and has great sex with her in front of his aprtment building.

me, I'm a vegetarian, and I would preferred having the sex with her IN my apartment back then, but maybe that's just me... ;)
 
Think about, yes, sometimes. Miss? Not genuinely/deeply. I have, just out of curiosity, searched some old names on the net and found out what some of them are doing these days, but not actually contacted any. I'm a married man now, and that would be stupid bad Karma I want nothing whatsoever to do with.

Idle daydreams about more casual acquaintances from years ago and "What if?" scenarios flit through my mind at times, but not seriously -- more just mental entertainment.
 
Back
Top Bottom