• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Girlfriends. Do you ever miss them.

kc8mob said:
I am genuinely curious though about the lady friend thing.

Makes me wonder what approach a guy like me ought to have. Drinking is starting to get old. You have to drink allot for it to get old too.

OK, smack me in the face.

My first word of advice: If you think your drinking is a problem, it probably is. YMMV on this one, but I've been there, done that.

To answer your question, do I miss my girlfriends, the answer is yes. I miss most of em. Would have done alot differently. The next time will be different, I've learned alot in the last year. Nobody gets where I have been on a winning streak.

The next one will get all of me, with none of the BS. What a lucky girl.:D
 
Miss them, not really, but I do think of my first real G/F. Sweet, sexy Linda.
Both 16, living in LA, summers at the beach, going on baby sitting jobs with
her, it was a hell of a run thru high school. All the others, forget it.
 
I am happily married (working on 16? 18? years?... I lost count :D ) with a 4-year-old.

All my old Girlfriends (there weren't many) were important in different ways, but I don't miss them. I'm fully aware my memories far exceed the reality. :yes:
 
Do I think about old girlfriends.Ill tell you the honest truth.I know Ill never be a rich man,because I was lucky enough to win the lotery once.When Im having a bad day sometimes,Ill do some what if daydreaming,but would any of them put up with my crap day in day out for 15 years?Not a chance.
BTW,I usually tell that lotery line to friends and coworkers.A few weeks ago,my wife heard from a friend that I had said that.Man,I got a free pass for a week,on that one!
Jimmy
 
whyaskit said:
I have only had one flame, thankfully, she is sitting next to me as I type. Yes, I am lucky!

Me as well. Although she's out of town now. I think when you find the one for you you'll just know, and it'll just happen. Working hard at trying to meet women never did me any good, here's stories that illustrate why.

The story goes like this: It was my first year of college and I was in this math class, I see this girl across the room, I tell my friend that's the girl for me, she's the one I'm going to be with for the rest of my life. He thinks I'm nuts, first because she really wasn't his type, secondly becuase that's kind of a crazy thing to say. And I didn't say that all the time, there was just something about her that appealed to me. Well she drops the class and I don't see her for a year and for the most part forget about her. Well now it's a year later and I'm walking to class, and have this strange urge to go sit down in this lounge on campus on this couch and take a nap, I really needed to get to class, and I stood at that door to that lounge for about 5min debating wether to go in and nap or go to class, I finally said to myself if anything feels this important even if I don't know why I should do it and screw class. So I did it and while I was sleeping she walked in and left a note on me to call her, and we've been together for almost 10 years now.

Now the one that didn't work out, at all. Back in my senior year of high school this girl hit me over the head with a binder and called me a male cheauvenist pig and I had the hots for her ever since. Well one day she comes up to me after english class and shows me pictures of the corvette her dad was restoring and talks about it to me for about 30 min for absolutely no reason, and I think maybe she likes me. So I find out she's really athletic and likes to work out, so I just happen to run into her at the gym (yeah right, I spend hours and hours at the gym lifting weights till I could barely move hoping she'll show up) well we talked a few times and I thought I had a good shot at her, then she leaves for Europe for 2 weeks, comes back, and looks at me like I'm roadkill or something. The whole time she was in Europe I spend lifting weights trying impress this chick and it got me absolutely nowhere. And in comparison, all I did to get the woman that stays with me for 10 years (and doesn't even mind the stacks of broken televisions in our apartment) is go and take a nap.
 
I think the first girl you fall in love with is your true love and if she feels the same as you--MAGIC. However, if for some reason you cannot be together you will measure your other girls or women to that first love and the strong feelings that were awakened in you. That is the theme of the novel "Lolita".
But like they say in Jersey--"Fa get about it", and that is very good advice.When I was seventeen, I asked a guy I worked with "what he thought the lyrics to the song "MY BUDDY" meant"? So he really didn't know either and we said maybe its this or that. It took me 56 years to find out when the guy across the street died at the age of 78 and when I saw his wife after a few months I asked her how she was doing and she said "I miss my buddy". Then I knew what the lyrics meant. "Been awhile since you went away, I think about you all through the day, my buddy, my buddy, your buddy misses you...." When my son's girlfriend (his first love) broke up with him--he came to me and I could see he was upset and I asked him what the matter was and he said "I'm lonely". And so the Beatles wrote "All the lonley people-where do they all come from?" Well they come from that First Love that was never to be. And some of us will settle for a person hopefully we like (like is good) because there is something in us that says "You need another person so you won't be lonely". :scratch2:
 
My ex-girlfriend from 1982 to 1987 calls me now and then. We always thought to be soulmates, if there is such a thing. She is not very happy in her marriage, but cannot decide to stay or make a move to me.
I think Rodzilla explained pretty well what could happen to me if it went south. Thats one thing we've talked about destroying the past and present.
But I still wonder if it could work out? Its only been 20 years!:scratch2:
 
I hooked up with nympho's and got all worn out now.
I don't miss not getting sleep but I'm sure the next one
will be another nymph.:whip: :whip: :whip:
 
Thats a great story.I had almost nothing to do with meeting my wife.I used to get off work at 6am and go across the street to pick up a newspaper in my robe and flip flops.My wife was working there,as it turns out,and finagles a way to meet me,then calls ME up.
Dont try to make it happen.We have nothing to do with it.
Jimmy
 
I don't really mis them but when I think of them I feel regret for being
so young and foolish and using them for sex as they were nympho's.
I mean, I really didn't have that much in common with them except sex.
Now that I'm older I feel a like I wasted some good years just playin find
the canolee with them.................Never even got to know em even though
I spent some long years porkin away with a couple of em..........
It's not the same as having a meaningful relationship....
Not that I'd know what that is like?.....
 
I had one girlfriend in my life. We hung out and dated until the day she had to move, because her father was military. Ever since I haven't had a drive to pursue another meaningful relationship. Yes, after 6 years, I still miss her. I would do anything to find another girl like her, every other girl I meet seems so shallow and arrogant compared to her.
 
Old Girlfriends...

I hate to see them go...






But I love to watch them walk away!!!

Hubba hubba hubba!!!!:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
 
Never had one. Also never had a boyfriend either. Not having attached strings is so useful at times. The blocked user function of AIM and cell services is also extremely useful.
 
speakerlust said:
I don't really mis them but when I think of them I feel regret for being
so young and foolish and using them for sex as they were nympho's.
I mean, I really didn't have that much in common with them except sex.
Now that I'm older I feel a like I wasted some good years just playin find
the canolee with them.................Never even got to know em even though
I spent some long years porkin away with a couple of em..........
It's not the same as having a meaningful relationship....
Not that I'd know what that is like?.....

Cheer up lad...There's no shame in a spirited game of "find the canolee"...

In fact even though the majority of my teenage and early adult relationships were totally bound by sex (as I imagine are most peoples during that age), I actually learned how to give a ****..If that makes any sense...I think it's all a part of the learning curve.....and yes...I still think of my first serious girlfriend sometimes...but with a smile now...
 
Rodzilla said:
be careful what you wish for...

i too had "the one that got away" when i was younger, i always regretted being young and stupid in my choices...so one day when i was around 30-ish through the wonders of the internet i found an address and sent her a tentative note...what followed was amazing...for a while, i got to say all the things i always wished i had, i dare say i swept her off her feet even, because i knew how, and i wasn't gonna make the same mistake twice...but the end result?...well, i guess i was young and stupid, but somehow right in the first place.

nowadays i'm single again and in retrospect, getting in touch and involved with her again was probably about the worst mistake i ever made...your life and personal identity are built upon a tapestry of your cumulative experiences, and you don't want to pull too hard on some of the threads that make it up...it's a huge risk, it's not like having a bad breakup with someone you've just met, your present AND your past get destroyed, i can't even explain how badly you can be hurt in such a situation....it amazes me still
.....KC8, there's you some very good advice, and I'd encourage you to read Rodzilla's post again....there was something wrong with our past relationships, even if it was underlying and couldn't be seen at the time, or you would have stayed together, I'm going to say in about all past relationships....and don't let the male ego enter in, either....nothing makes a guy pine over an ex-girlfriend like her doing the breaking up....go back in your mind to the talk you and she had at the breakup point....recall the points about you she brought to the discussion that she felt were not good....think about those points, give them fair consideration, and just be honest with yourself for yourself's sake....also remember we're products of our raising, and no parent is perfect....take the good qualities of both your parents and strive to encorporate them into your emotional and moral fibers....if you'll do this and honestly make a move to clean up your emotional-moral closet first, you'll be miles ahead for the next relationship....the end.....
 
Back
Top Bottom