• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Girlfriends. Do you ever miss them.

Interesting thread. I'm 51, and my wife and I have been together nearly 21 years. Don't miss my first wife (at all!) or most of my girlfriends, but one I remember fondly. My wife and I have told each other about our past relationships, and a few years ago this old girlfriend was killed in a car accident on her way to our 25th college reunion. My wife saw me, asked what was wrong, and I said "Jackie was killed in a wreck" - she burst into tears, said "I'm so sorry" and hugged me. That's love.
 
I miss several of them, and hold no hard feelings towards the rest. I only went through a couple of unhappy breakups. Often wonder about where they may have ended up on the path of life. I still keep in touch with a couple of them, on a limited basis. There are two that I would love the chance to go back and do things differently with, if I could. One is the Mom to my middle son, and we get along great, compatible on every level. Her Parents gave her an ultimatum when she got pregnant, it's him or us, which is a tough choice for a pregnant 18 year old to make. They didn't want her with a long haired biker type, since they were upstanding citizens. Too bad, because we are both unhappily married to other people now, and we both wish things had gone the other way...
 
Well, the ex-fiance just came over for lunch and let me know she is going to start seeing other people.:sigh:
 
...and some of 'em, like Sam Kinison used to say, "I hope you slide under a Gas Truck & taste your own blood..." Sam had a way of Cutting to the Chase...Hehehehehe..
 
RichPA said:
Interesting thread. I'm 51, and my wife and I have been together nearly 21 years. Don't miss my first wife (at all!) or most of my girlfriends, but one I remember fondly. My wife and I have told each other about our past relationships, and a few years ago this old girlfriend was killed in a car accident on her way to our 25th college reunion. My wife saw me, asked what was wrong, and I said "Jackie was killed in a wreck" - she burst into tears, said "I'm so sorry" and hugged me. That's love.

Amen to that. As to understanding women, start by acknowledging that they also are people. Be open, be honest, like Rich My wife and me have been together over 20 years - since 1983. We are the best of friends - buddies, as someone put it. One of us can start a sentence "Whatever are they doing with -" and then be stuck for the word, but the other will finish it.. Sometimes it gets a little scary being inside each other's head like that, guess all it means is that our brainwaves operate on the same frequency
 
Clarence said:
Well, the ex-fiance just came over for lunch and let me know she is going to start seeing other people.:sigh:
.....Clarence, Bless Your Heart, I know that hurts....but, you've got to keep in mind supporting her at this time, and beginning the road to recovery yourself....you should get out and mingle and mix....time spent with another woman can be medicine indeed....if you had gone ahead and got married, what would you feel after being married a couple of years and her approach you with this?....I'd tell her to do whatever she feels she needs to do, with an honest smile on my face....then I'd call for a date that night with someone else....are there any Bridge clubs in your area?....square-dancing or conventional dancing at a Rec Center closeby?....a Church with a singles program?....you need a little time, but you can quicken the recovery....Clarence, if a woman told me she might want someone else, I'd think, Well, I might want someone else as well....weren't you lookin' for a woman when you found this one?....there's Zillions of 'em here on this Earth, Clarence, but they're ALL nuts.....
 
Thanks buddy. Its been a long time coming, I just cant belive all the hoops she let me jump through... house, ring, car, ughhhhh.....

7 years of it!

She says she cant forget how I have treated her in the past, which I admit was poor. I have changed alot, and she's stuck in the past. Its really too bad.

I guess paying now is much better than paying later. Thanks for the kind words.:yes:
 
Clarence said:
Well, the ex-fiance just came over for lunch and let me know she is going to start seeing other people.:sigh:

I guess Toze's lunch kicked my lunch's ass again today.... -sigh-
 
.....Guys, I believe both men and women fall out of love when they can no longer respect their mate....and, listen Guys, a woman who doesn't receive love and affection at home, CAN'T HELP but be "attracted" to affections displayed away from the home....in most cases, her being attracted to affections displayed away from the home is our fault, Guys....women want to be in love with a guy, and wants him to be in love with her....frequent trips to parks are great places to relax and hopefully relate to each other....Gentlemen, steal a kiss while standing together in any lines, that's the kind of stuff them worthless creatures WANT AND NEED....(ahem)....rover.....
 
I can't say I miss any. Most I refuse to even talk to. Nadia and I are very different but we love putting up with each other.
 
.....here's some women that aren't receiving love and affection at home....I rest my case......

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

.....I digress.....
 
mulester7 said:
.....Clarence, Bless Your Heart, I know that hurts....but, you've got to keep in mind supporting her at this time, and beginning the road to recovery yourself....you should get out and mingle and mix....time spent with another woman can be medicine indeed....if you had gone ahead and got married, what would you feel after being married a couple of years and her approach you with this?....I'd tell her to do whatever she feels she needs to do, with an honest smile on my face....then I'd call for a date that night with someone else....are there any Bridge clubs in your area?....square-dancing or conventional dancing at a Rec Center closeby?....a Church with a singles program?....you need a little time, but you can quicken the recovery....Clarence, if a woman told me she might want someone else, I'd think, Well, I might want someone else as well....weren't you lookin' for a woman when you found this one?....there's Zillions of 'em here on this Earth, Clarence, but they're ALL nuts.....

Thats all fine and good...But WHY did she TELL you she was going to start dating again...Just to mess with you??

To me thats like your daughter telling you she's sleeping with her boyfriend...Sure you know it's going to happen eventually, but you don't REALLY want to know WHEN!!

I say to hell with wishing her good luck...Make yourself a Paris Hilton-esque video and let it find it's way into her VCR...Serves her right!:thmbsp:

Oh yeah, YMMV..
 
Fond memories

Great timely thread guys....

Sometimes it's good to keep those fond memories alive.

Been looking now n then for 30 years to find a favorite old friend
but no luck....

She contacted me last week and came for a visit
and while she's not that cute little teenage gal anymore

she is 5'10"es of blue eyed blonde that has matured oh
so well......
Apparently she never forgot either.......

So ,yeah,keep those fond memories alive.....

Cheers,
Barry
 
Captain Scary said:
she is 5'10"es of blue eyed blonde that has matured oh
so well......
Apparently she never forgot either.......
:boink:

"...Oh maybeline, why can't you be true..." :D
 
Oh of course, There are some I miss. I used to think about my high school sweetheart all the time -- felt like the rest of my life was unfulfilled without her. Had an opportunity to rekindle that relationship almost 20 years later and it failed horribly--I was woefully blind to why it never worked in the first place, but now I know. and there's another girl who I kindly refer to her as the "freak" :naughty: . But treated me like arse. Now I with a great girl but we can't seem to get over the broken roads that led each other to one another. but we are learning from each other and are still fighting the battle. You'll miss people who come and go in your life because you care about them. I knew a guy who devoutly loved his wife and when he found out she was leaving him for another man he ended up dying at work of a heart attack at 42 -- broken heart? Sandy G. is right when he says you'll never figure women out -- you won't. They're wired different and they're just as diverse as we are. you're not less manly for missing someone -- unless that stops you from trying again. The things your are feeling about drinking and being single only means you are maturing and figuring out what is important in your life.
There's an old saying that you'll never know what a woman is capable of until you divorce her -- true in SOME cases. And there's alot of other stereotypes out there, too, but not true in all cases.

So The best advice I've heard so far related to this subject are these:

1. If her words don't match her actions -- let her go.
2. If two people know the worst things about each other, and it's OK -- HEAVEN is at your doorstep.
3. Treat everyone like you want to be treated and always return the favor -- you'll have no regrets.

Were addictive beings by nature -- be careful what you are addicted to.

I wish you the best my friend,
Rob
 
My wife and I have been married for 35 years.

At parties, she still introduces me as her first husband.

She says it's to keep me on my toes.
 
Old girl friends are like good times. You may revisit them in your mind but you can't relive them. That moment has passed. I'm happy with the one I'm with. Besides my old GF's would be my age [50] whereas my current GF is half my age.
 
Back
Top Bottom