• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Gladding Receiver?

Forgot to mention the QuadraphonicQuad forum - glad(ding) you found it!

A couple of meter and tuner dial bulbs from dwojo or ebay and that baby should be pretty. 25w/ch x 4 and 1.6uV FM sensitivity are pretty good specs for that era.

Thanks but I am not even sure this unit has it. If the one in the ad is the same as mine the meters appear like they should be on the far left side of the tuner. I briefly tried to see them from the outside but the front glass is kind of smokey/dark. If they are there but the lamps are burnt out would'nt I still be able to see if something was there?

Maybe that is difference between the 200 in the ad and the 200A I have.......... :scratch2:

Anyone here familiar with Claricon the other company mentioned in the ad? I googled them and I could come up with is tape players. Sounded like it was maybe a German company but maybe I read the few threads wrong. This unit was manufactured in Japan so not sure why there would be the connection.
 
I doubt that the meters aren't there altogether (as a distinction between the -a version), especially given that everything else about the front panel is otherwise the same. I'd think a -a variation would be something subtle, like a circuit redesign, fusing/protection change, or other (hidden) design variation. I'm betting that they are there, just hidden behind really dark glass and burnt out bulbs. You could probably shine a flashlight into the front panel and confirm their presence or absence.

Claricon wasn't a major player. All I remember having that name was some undistinguished tape decks. As to nationality, I dunno...
 
Claricon? Japanese. My very first ever tape recorder (gift from my parents when I was very young) was a Claricon that took 3" reels.
 
I doubt that the meters aren't there altogether (as a distinction between the -a version), especially given that everything else about the front panel is otherwise the same. I'd think a -a variation would be something subtle, like a circuit redesign, fusing/protection change, or other (hidden) design variation. I'm betting that they are there, just hidden behind really dark glass and burnt out bulbs. You could probably shine a flashlight into the front panel and confirm their presence or absence.

Claricon wasn't a major player. All I remember having that name was some undistinguished tape decks. As to nationality, I dunno...

CU

Tried the flahlight and they are there!
I would love to get these things lit up. Any suggestions? I am assuming it is just a burnt out bulb but how/where would I go to find a replacement????
 
gladding owner too

I have had the gladding mark 200a on the shelf for a couple of months. It is in the "get to it" pile. I have not checked inside for the modules yet even. What I can share is that I have an owner's manual that came with it.
The amp section specs are a little confusing.
RMS power is listed as 8ohm 30/30/30/30w
Does this assume 4 speakers? What happens with only two?
4 ch operated power is listed as 8 ohm 96W (24 x 4).
Can anyone enlighten this confused soul?
Thanks
 
I have had the gladding mark 200a on the shelf for a couple of months. It is in the "get to it" pile. I have not checked inside for the modules yet even. What I can share is that I have an owner's manual that came with it.
The amp section specs are a little confusing.
RMS power is listed as 8ohm 30/30/30/30w
Does this assume 4 speakers? What happens with only two?
4 ch operated power is listed as 8 ohm 96W (24 x 4).
Can anyone enlighten this confused soul?
Thanks

Unfortunately I can't help you with your question but I would love to get a copy of the owners manual. Any chance you could post it or send me a copy of it?
 
Back
Top Bottom