• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Couldn't resist picking these albums up at Goodwill today for $19 and change. Told them to round up to $20. ;) The one in the upper left is Earth Wind & Fire's "Gratitude". I left some of their other albums for someone else who comes along--didn't want to take everything....
We are running out of space for records at our place, so most of these will probably go to my nephew.

Goodwill-Records_9-23-26.jpg
 
that's cool could be either planet research or Nikko. According to a quick Google search some of the smaller Lafayette units were contracted to Nikko. Both considered good quality builds.
Google Ai derives some of its answers from wrong info. I worked for the Lafayette company for over 25 years in retail and servicing. I was there. It was Planet Research.
 
Google Ai derives some of its answers from wrong info. I worked for the Lafayette company for over 25 years in retail and servicing. I was there. It was Planet Research.
great. thanks for the information. It has a surprising amount of bass. Good match for the dynacos. The screw in speaker hook ups a total pain but that's my only complaint.
Don't recall even hearing about Lafayette.
 
great. thanks for the information. It has a surprising amount of bass. Good match for the dynacos. The screw in speaker hook ups a total pain but that's my only complaint.
Don't recall even hearing about Lafayette.
Lafayeete was just about unavoidable in the Tri State area. The disagreement arises as to weather you should be running towards, or away from their equipment. I am not as knowledgable about Lafayette as many folks around here are, but I have had excellent experiences using equipment that came out of the Lafayette catalogue in the present day. They sold equipment that would have cost $$ more to buy from the OEM, and sourced a lot of their top of the line stuff right from the folks who were making it for the masses.
 
Back
Top Bottom