• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got me an early xmas present.

michaelsamra

michaelsamra
Banned
Last year it was a Scott 4310 for 1650 and this year its this Fisher 400cx.
I think I did ok being its pretty clean other than a face plate scratch.





------
[Mod Edit: No EBAY LINKS allowed in the forums]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Grats!

Two years ago one of these went up on CL, $200 OBO.
Needless to say I call, fast as I could. Well we know the rest of the story. I saw one go up on Epay one week later, and it wasn't me.
 
I'll be interested to hear a comparison from Mikey about a Fisher 400CX vs. an Harman Kardon Citation I and/or Citation IV.
 
I'll be interested to hear a comparison from Mikey about a Fisher 400CX vs. an Harman Kardon Citation I and/or Citation IV.

The 400CX is on my "Really Want One" list. :drool:

I will admit this is purely based on esthetics.


Steve
 
The 400CX is on my "Really Want One" list. :drool:

I will admit this is purely based on esthetics.


Steve

Would that include the Pilot 215 and 216, the Lafayette KT-600, the Scott 130, the McIntosh C22? As well as Cit I and Fisher 400CX2?

Cheers

Lar
 
Those would all be on my list of preamps I'd love to get a great deal on and flip immediately but wouldn't become part of my system. :)
 
For some reason, I can't make myself want a vintage tube preamp.

I can't make myself want to service a vintage tube audio piece, or any tube audio item of any kind, as much as I would like to listen to any or all tube gear. What a cunundrum. I guess if tubes become a choice I accept I'd better learn tube rolling or employ a competent tech.
 
I'm kind of the opposite. I can't imagine buying a new piece of tube gear and just plugging it in. I actually enjoy the repair work though, so having the experience of fixing something and then putting it in use is far more satisfying to me personally than just buying it.
 
So, what would you like to get dnewma04? Is it tube? Does it have a remote?
Those are the two things I'm looking for. Doesn't have to be balanced.
 
Back
Top Bottom