• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grado cartridge ID

parkerdom

I am blessed.
Subscriber
I have a recent-vintage Grado cart with a gold body and a brown stylus assembly. Grado said they needed to know the colors of the two dots under the assembly to identify it, but I could find no dots. Can anyone help? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a vintage Grado M1+ cart on my TT.
It has a gold body, brown Stylus with two
yellow dots. According to the Grado site, it
is the equivelant of the gold series.

I looked on the link that was given and didn't
see it there......

Oh...... I had a great idea, and looked at the
paperwork that came with my cart. It lists color
codes for replacement stylus!!! Here's what it says:

MODEL.....COLOR.....STYLUS.....COLOR CODING
P-M/S..... Brown.....Grado ell.......Brown Plate
P-M1/S.....Brown.....Twin Tip......Two Yellow Dots
P-M2/S.....Brown.....Twin Tip......Two Gold Dots

Hope that can help you.
 
Hi and welcome to AK!

On the Grado stylus assembly, the stylus is mounted on a plastic plate that slides into the lower body slot of the cartridge.

On either front edge of the plastic plate will be a raised half round dot.

These dots are painted with a color code which will indicate the type of stylus/cantilever that is used and this determines the type of cartridge the Grado is. (unless there has been some swapping of styli and cartridges).

So, now go back and check and let us know if you see any paint on those dots. If there is no paint, I assume then the plate color is the dot color.

Hope that helps.

Bart
 
Back
Top Bottom