• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Gun Porn

At 78+ I don't really run these days. I'm happy to just be able to walk to the bench with my rifle & rest & ammo at each distance. :thumbsup:
We have a few guys out there who are in their 60s, a couple of them just walk the course. They're just out there to have a good time. There is a match down in Overbrook, OK that has a woman in her 80s who goes out and runs/shoots it. We just have to do the best we can for as long as we can. :)
 
Got my 223R R700 set up for our 200/300/385/500m benchrest silhouette match on 1/3 size targets. With 2:30 to shoot sighters and 5 animals you have to know your dope and not tarry when 'fire' is called. Once it cools off a bit (105 heat index today & 111F tomorrow) I'll need some range time to see if 80gr SMKs & VLDs shoot when jumped 50-thou rather than the usual 10-thou. May have to stick with 77gr SMKs.

R700.jpg
 
Well I ordered a new pistol today online. It's due to arrive at my local gun store on Monday the 6th.

It's not the blued 5" Python I want, but it's something similar (and very cool). It's brand-new for 2026 and I had been on the waiting list since February for it.

I still plan to get the Python eventually (I'll have to save up some more money now) but decided to pick one of these up first because I'm not so sure they will be around as long as the Pythons will. It was not quite as expensive as the Python but wasn't cheap.

Can anyone guess what it is?

I'll post up some pics on Monday when I get it.
 
Well I ordered a new pistol today online. It's due to arrive at my local gun store on Monday the 6th.

It's not the blued 5" Python I want, but it's something similar (and very cool). It's brand-new for 2026 and I had been on the waiting list since February for it.

I still plan to get the Python eventually (I'll have to save up some more money now) but decided to pick one of these up first because I'm not so sure they will be around as long as the Pythons will. It was not quite as expensive as the Python but wasn't cheap.

Can anyone guess what it is?

I'll post up some pics on Monday when I get it.
WAG: S&W .357 Magnum?
 
Nope. In one way it's bigger than the 5" Python but in another way it's smaller. It's similar but not the same. It is very cool though. Some on here might not think it's cool but I do (that's why I pre-ordered one in May). It's only been in production for a few months now and has been HTF until now. There are some videos on YouTube on it. Those reviewers tend to get stuff before us peons are able to.
 
Last edited:
Y'all wanna see some mystery carnage? Check this out...

1783278465290.png
1783278465333.png


Note the gap towards the rear end of the bolt. My guess is that someone took a hammer to the O.D. of bolt bore. Could be one way to disable a bolt.:dunno: Ejector is frozen and the muzzle crown could have damage as well :(
 
Well now it looks like I won't be able to pick up my gun until Tuesday. The store is closed tomorrow. The hours say closed Sundays and Mondays.
 
Long Holiday hours, I suppose.

I noted that a lot of folks started their holiday weekend on Thursday around here.
 
Alright here it is....

The brand-new 2026 blued Colt King Cobra Target 6" .22LR. Colt just started shipping them last week after debuting them at the NRA in May. Like the Python, these were avaialble in stainless first and now Colt is making blued versions too.

I wanted to get one of these not only because they are awesome but also because Colt had a $100 rebate program that included the King Cobra line. It did not include the Python.

Colt had the rebate available all of 2025 and then extended it to June 30th 2026. I was notified that my pre-order was ready to purchase on July 3rd (3 days too late for the rebate). So I sent Colt customer service an email telling them how I had pre-ordered one but wasn't able to actually buy one until July 3rd and asked them if they could extend the rebate for me and they agreed!

I have to email them my receipt and the serial # by the 15th and they say I will get it. Pretty-nice of them.

I already have the money spent. I bought new custom wooden grips (really-nice) for it and the rest paid for the FFL transfer fee.

It's a target pistol and is pretty-heavy. It holds 10 rounds.

I still plan to get the Python. Just need to save up some more money. It would be nice if Colt would come out with some kind of promotion for them.

20260707_142713.jpg

20260707_142758.jpg

20260707_181015.jpg

Here are the grips I ordered for it...

grip1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Can't wait to shoot it.

There's a gun show this weekend in Jackson, TN at the fairgrounds. I plan to go. There have been a lot less people attending gun shows lately. You can get some good deals at them.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom