• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Happy Birthday Nina Simone February 21, 2007

fdrennen

Organist in Residence
i_put_a_spell_on_you_philips.jpg


Today February 21, 2007 is the Birthday of pianist/singer Nina Simone. I will mark this day by playing some of her music.

http://www.boscarol.com/nina/html/manual/bio.html
 
Register to hide this ad
fdrennen said:
i_put_a_spell_on_you_philips.jpg


Today February 21, 2007 is the Birthday of pianist/singer Nina Simone. I will mark this day by playing some of her music.

http://www.boscarol.com/nina/html/manual/bio.html

Just got this last night (postal delivery), and haven't played it yet. I wasn't sure what I was waiting for, now I know. Thanks for the "heads up"!

B00009PJPJ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg



_____________________________________________________________

OT P.S. Tanzania? :thmbsp: or :thumbsdn: ?
 
I didn't know it was her birthday but I love her music and had her on earlier today. I have that anthology CD as well. Love it.
 
A great, underappreciated singer. Her idiosyncratic style keep her from ever being boring and her covers were usually as good as, if not better than, the originals. Her first 10-15 years were her best, and her blues albums are fantastic. If "I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl" doesn't melt your knees, in addition to affecting other areas of your anatomy, it may be time to try to fix that dead amplifier you've been neglecting for years while it's plugged in.
 
Back
Top Bottom