• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harbeth HL Compact (1980s)

Ben2001

Member
I’m buying a pair of Harbeth HL Compact speakers (the ones from the 1980s) for $600 CAD. What should I expect?
 
Register to hide this ad
I'd bring along some music that you're familiar with to demo them and then let your ears be the final arbiter, fwiw Harbeths are highly considered here on AK and elsewhere so I'm guessing other peoples thoughts will be mostly positive.

Hopefully some current & past Harbeth owners will stop by and share their thoughts, opinions etc.
 
As cone and dome box speakers go Harbeths are among the best. I had C7s recently and they had excellent tone and imaging but suffered from poor dynamics and also from poor clarity at low levels but that's typical of that kind of speaker.
 
Back
Top Bottom