• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harbeth HL Monitor II

slick.one

Active Member
Crazy weekend with A/K!
What do you guys with Harbeth experience think of the HL Monitor MkII offered at $350 Canadian at the audiomart?
THANKS!
 
Register to hide this ad
I can't speak for the HL Monitor Mkll but at that price point you could get a taste of what the Harbeth thing is all about. These are older speakers. If there was no shipping involved and the cabinets were half way decent I'd bite.
I've been a KEF, Spendor, Harbeth believer forever. Not for head bangers and not for the thunder crowd.
But if you've got a thing for midrange and vocals...............
Read some posts on the British forum here on AK.
My P3ESRs never cease to amaze.

BTW Stands available?
 
The stands are not in the listing so Id have to check. No shipping would be involved for me.I think you make a good point and was what I was thinking. An inexpensive way to hear some Harbeths.
 
Hey slick
Please remember they are 30+years old. Make sure that the Audax tweeters are original and working.
Read up on the Harbeth user site and on Pinkfish Media.
Good luck
 
@slick.one - did you end up getting the Harbeth HL Monitor II's?

@DOBIEGUY - I'm looking at upgrading from my B&W DM 303's. I'd love Harbeths but can't currently afford them. I'd like to keep it at $400 Canadian dollar max. ($300 US). Any suggestions?
 
i`m very lucky as i found a Harbeth Acoustic HL Monitor Mk II at ($20 cad.):jump:

I was not searching for them but almost everyday i was looking at web used electronic in Marketplace
around my local area to spot good deal and they have. The first time i saw these speaker add at $20 i
was septical because no brand name. But later i realise a label tag in the back panel pic but to small
to read i was oblige to used my iphone (of the same web side) to increase the pic and was able to read
Harbeth Acoustic HL Monitor Mk II !!!!

But not only that this add was $20 but also at 10 min drive from where i live in a small city.

So i got them and tested the sound. I fall in love with this BBC monitor choice of later 70`s

The only thing i found is that the tweeter was not the original one ( Audax) BUT can be order
at Falconacoustics in UK for around ($160cad) + shipping. The Phillips tweeter sound good
but only one is working. My projet will be to get the orginal Audax tweeter to bring this speaker
to original value.

So for $20 i very very happy
 
Back
Top Bottom