• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Harman Kardon HK-590i high voltage output to right speaker terminal

Thanks @avionic, Everything worked out and I now have stereo sound on both channels after replacing everything. The sound on the right side that had the blown transistors has a bit of a tinny sound and lower volume compared to the left channel. I tried swapping speakers but no change. I replaced all the bad caps with Elna audio or Nichicon UFG so I don't think that is the issue. How would you suggest I begin troubleshooting this? I've cleaned all the controls to make sure that isn't causing it.
Thanks for all your help.
 
Found the issue was about 8 resistors in the same area as the blown transistors that need replacing. After that both channels worked.

Thanks again
 
Back
Top Bottom