• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Have you seen Ebay? Would you pay $3000 - 4000 for a Sansui 9090db?

Obviously experiences differ. I had a 9090DB and it was clearly outperformed by the inexpensive Superphon Revelation preamp and Superphon amp that replaced it.
Not to say the the Sansui sounded bad per se, it's just that in my experience there is a lot of stuff that sounds better.

I agree that people paying these kinds of prices are not buying based upon performance; collectibility or nostalgia plays a big role.

I had a non DB 9090. There is no way it should be bringing the money it does when you compare it to what's on the market pre-owned from the last 20 years......
 
Why do you and so many others knock the sound quality old receivers? I currently own a Marantz 2500, a Pioneer SX-1980, a Sansui G-9000DB, (and I just bought a beautiful Sansui G-33000 from the original owner). I have all of these connected to Legacy Audio speakers, except for the Pioneer SX-1980 which is connected to a pair of Cerwin Vega 316-r's. In IMHO my receivers perform as well if not better than most separates that I've heard...I submit that if you have a receiver that has specs that are equal to separate's and if ALL other things (wire, speakers, placement, etc) are equal then performance should be equal or at least so close that I doubt that you can tell the difference.
I didn't say they sound bad. I own many receivers, but I'm not gonna kid myself that any of them outperform my separates.
 
Here's a nice unit that can be had for some totl vintage receiver prices QUOTED in this thread........

shopping.webp
 
So I guess no one is interested in buying a beautiful G22000 for 10 grand anymore? Interesting
A few days ago an AK'er mentioned he bought a G33000 in a different thread about the speakers the seller threw in for free.
Didn't mention what he paid though.
 
Prices are what the market will bear ? I would be hard pressed to sell my one owner 9090DB for 3 k , there are not many in the shape that mine is it. . The unit looks like it just came out of the factory .
 
Back
Top Bottom