• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heads up in Ontario

Register to hide this ad
The auction violates Provincial law that prohibits charging a premium or giving a discount related to using a charge card or cash for payment. The government just reviewed this issue and there have been several articles discussing this in the Toronto paper.
 
I agree that the pricing policy is confusing. Is it a discount or surcharge? In Canada, discounts are allowed for payment types such as cash, debit, but surcharging is not. (Surcharging is allowed in other countries, New Zealand, Australia and recently the US to give small merchants some power to combat the high acceptance fees for credit cards.)

Also, the 1250 looks horrendous. Is that dust or rust on the silver faceplate?
 
Right now it's $5.00 CAD, and you guys are crying about condition??? Parts receivers bring $350+...:rolleyes: :dunno:

I'd hit it in a heartbeat to get things rolling, but I don't have my papers for border crossings.

It's certainly worth a watch if you're within 100 miles of Sarnia as I am. Maybe I will hit it and have a buddy pick it up if it stays crazy cheap....
 
Last edited:
Right now it's $5.00 CAD, and you guys are crying about condition??? Parts receivers bring $350+...:rolleyes: :dunno:

I'd hit it in a heartbeat to get things rolling, but I don't have my papers for border crossings.

It's certainly worth a watch if you're within 100 miles of Sarnia as I am. Maybe I will hit it and have a buddy pick it up if it stays crazy cheap....

But what's with the bidding and closing time being the same??? Does everybody "pre-bid" blindly and hope they tossed enough at it???

$5.00 is what the starting bid will be, when the live auction starts.
The site will let you pre-bid, or place a bid for you on the day of the auction up to the max that you enter in the space on the right.
I repeat this is not an online auction that has a current bid of $5.00
 
$5.00 is what the starting bid will be, when the live auction starts.
The site will let you pre-bid, or place a bid for you on the day of the auction up to the max that you enter in the space on the right.
I repeat this is not an online auction that has a current bid of $5.00

OK, now I see it's a 12 hour auction, starting at 8:00AM and ending at 8:00PM or thereabouts depending on the bid timing.
 
$5.00 is not the current bid, it's into the hundreds- the bid doesn't update on the screen.

That's lame; you have to start throwing money at it and hope it sticks, eh...

I'll pass, but $450 is too rich for me regardless
 
It's for 2 units, sx5580 and sx1250, $450 is well worth the investment.

Perhaps to someone who's proficient in repairing them, which isn't me. Parting out or fixing SS receivers isn't something I've gotten good at.

Yet :D
 
Back
Top Bottom