• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello, I am on crack

Register to hide this ad
Holy frick that guy is on so many drugs I'm not even sure how he's able to type that all into actual sentences.
 
To be fair,... ...I got nothin'

Rack up another over zelous craigslist seller, with a few too many zeros in the price. Though this is particuarly egregious, as I don't know in what place the 90's jvc would be considered the greatest ever:scratch2:
 
Isn't worth it... he even points out, it only goes to 10... I want something with 11...

Besides, if that's one of the finest ever manufactured, I must have the ultimate ever manufactured.. and I wouldn't be able to get that price for mine..
 
Hmmmm...
1970 component system, 1990 Technics receiver, likely a BPC JVC dual cassette, Technics TT that had $140 MSRP in '76 and similar vintage Acoustic (Control?) speakers and he says this system is matched. :scratch2:
 
This guy probably just finished a large bowl of Fruitloops before placing the ad. No doubt in his feeble mind the music he hears coming from this "matched" system matches his brain and the bowl of Fruitloops perfectly. I needed a good laugh this morning, it is gloomy and raining out and this one made my day. Thanks for posting and raising my spirits a tad.................

Terry:music::thmbsp:
 
How does one recondition a turntable belt? I've been throwing mine away all these years.

Rubber rejuvenator?

Don't think that would be the ideal thing to do though.. but hey.. could be worth a try.. nothing to lose other than about $10 a bottle..
 
How does one recondition a turntable belt? I've been throwing mine away all these years.

It's a very simple procedure. You take the belt off, stick it in a bowl or bucket full of belt lube, pull it thru back & forth a few times, shake it off, wipe it down with a soft cotton cloth and put it back on. Works like a charm every time. You have to be careful however not to drip belt lube on the floor as it can be slippery and you might fall on your posterior section and hurt yourself........

Oh my. this thread is starting to really "crack" me up. Terry :music::thmbsp:
 
Must caution against belt lube. It's great for banishing annoying squeaking, but speed control suffers.

Real problem with belts is they loose elasticity and get stretched out. You might be able to prolong their lives by cutting them, shortening them up a bit, and taping them back together....
 
Back
Top Bottom