• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help refurbishing Sherwood 7100A

Does anyone know if the resistors for this unit are 1/2 watt like most vintage receivers? Resistor info is notably absent from the service manual unfortunately and no notations on the schematic (attached). Do I need to remove from the board in order to fully confirm?


Resistors in questions are: R626, 627, 628 and 631 (known to be toasty). All are on the power supply board. Planning to update with Vishay CPF (for the warmer one) and CMF (for the carbon comps). Thanks for the recs @dlucy!
 

Attachments

visually they look like 1/2 watt just based on size. You can bump those to 1 watt if you want, possibly worth doing if those tend to run hot.
 
visually they look like 1/2 watt just based on size. You can bump those to 1 watt if you want, possibly worth doing if those tend to run hot.

Great idea! Going to do just that, especially since size is the same or smaller.

I spotted a few resistors on my main amp that I don't see anywhere else. Looks like they're also wirewound or have a bulkier ceramic coating. Any chance they're fusible resistors? They seem to be just fine, but thought I'd ask.

IMG-6572.jpg
 
could be, or flame-proof types which tend to work about the same. usually if they are something specific it will call it out on the parts list. Either way they don't look like carbon comp, so if they are on value I'd leave it be.
 
Back
Top Bottom