• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

HELP Unique situation with Technics SL7 (video included)

Okay one more video

Is the plastic record size switch supposed to be loose till the cover is placed back on over it? Or is it supposed to lock in somewhere and already have resistance before that?

 
I think I missed the part in the SL7 manual where it shows how to replace the dust cover without breaking it. No, I did not break it I am venturing very slowly into this. I wish to preserve this turntable as best as humanly possible.
 
Now the plastic switch is being a pain in the ass to properly set but the other minor issue is replacing the dust cover correctly without feeling as if I am going to damage something by forcing it too quickly.
 
Hey, watch his video before attempting anything. At 14'25" the guy shows how to move the tonearm assembly. You have to spin the tonearm belt pulley with your finger and the tonearm will move. DO NOT mess around with the big white gear! Don't touch it. The cartridge screw must be inserted from the left side, as already mentioned. Good luck.
 
Hey, watch his video before attempting anything. At 14'25" the guy shows how to move the tonearm assembly. You have to spin the tonearm belt pulley with your finger and the tonearm will move. DO NOT mess around with the big white gear! Don't touch it. The cartridge screw must be inserted from the left side, as already mentioned. Good luck.
Please check my last video I solved the arm issue but now need help replacing the cover.
 
Last edited:
The cart mounting screw?

the one to fix the cartridge

s-l1600-1.jpg
 
Can someone else with a SL7 please chime in and assist me with how I replace the plastic cover properly? Taking it off was easier than placing it back on. Thanks.
 
Can someone else with a SL7 please chime in and assist me with how I replace the plastic cover properly? Taking it off was easier than placing it back on. Thanks.

The center of the top lid, where the record stabilizer goes, has a screw with a little disc or washer. This difficults the lid to be fitted, so it's better if it's removed.

You can see it here, at the center of the image:

upload_2023-5-16_1-19-17.png
 
The center of the top lid, where the record stabilizer goes, has a screw with a little disc or washer. This difficults the lid to be fitted, so it's better if it's removed.

You can see it here, at the center of the image:

View attachment 2887359

The part I am having the most difficulty with is aligning the plastic record size switch that is easy to get loose if not placed exactly right, and also fitting the bottom part of the top lid back.
 
The part I am having the most difficulty with is aligning the plastic record size switch that is easy to get loose if not placed exactly right, and also fitting the bottom part of the top lid back.

Use masking tape or electrical tape to keep the switch in place.

The top lid needs to clear the tonearm, it helps if you move the tonearm away from the rest position, by turning the tonearm motor spindle by hand (it takes time)
 
Use masking tape or electrical tape to keep the switch in place.

The top lid needs to clear the tonearm, it helps if you move the tonearm away from the rest position, by turning the tonearm motor spindle by hand (it takes time)

Masking tape? It's suppose to have free movement though.
 
Back
Top Bottom