• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HH Scott Owners Thread

Hello everyone

Could anyone tell me the difference between the HH Scott Stereomaster 260b, and Stereomaster 260 ? Apart from the front panel and mic jacks

I’ve just got a 206-b and I’m wondering about the circuit wise differences. I can’t find much online

Thanks !
I'm way more familiar with the tubes amp models, and way less of the solid state amps. I hate quoting Ai as it can often be off in the details, so only take this with a grain of salt, but does say there's only slight differences. The 260 and 260B are nearly identical with the 260B only being a minor mid-cycle revision to the 260.

Scott Stereomaster 260 (Released ~1964–1965): Rated at approximately 30 to 35 watts per channel continuous (RMS) into 8 ohms

The 260b (1965–1967): Slightly updated with rated 40 watts per channel into 8 ohms, adjusted phono input sensitivity of 3 mV and minor internal component layout revisions.

On HiFi Engine, there is a service manual, that appears that it could cover both the 260 & 260b, and shows the schematics, could be good to study them. I hope this helps.

 
Last edited:
I'm way more familiar with the tubes amp models, and way less compared to the solid state amps. I hate quoting Ai as can often be off in the details, so only take this with a grain of salt, but does say there's only slight differences. The 260 and 260B are nearly identical with the 260B only being a minor mid-cycle revision to the 260.

Scott Stereomaster 260 (Released ~1964–1965): Rated at approximately 30 to 35 watts per channel continuous (RMS) into 8 ohms

The 260b (1965–1967): Slightly updated with rated 40 watts per channel into 8 ohms, adjusted phono input sensitivity of 3 mV and minor internal component layout revisions.

On hifi Engine, there is a service manuals, that appears that it could cover both the 260 & 260b, and shows schematics, could be good to study them. I hope this helps

My Al search had a much different rating for the 260b than yours hence I didn't post it.Im familiar with the Scott tube gear and not so much the s.s
 
Back
Top Bottom