• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hitachi HS-1400-W

Register to hide this ad
Assuming you are here in the USA, I'd be willing to bet that those are like my Kenwood LS-X9's and never imported to this country. As such, you're not likely to find much (any) information on them. Were it me, and depending upon the asking price, I'd be all over them!

Dave
 
I found this post here, and it leads me to be a bit disappointing. :tears:My main concern as the writer points out is in the flimsy 70's plywood construction that resonates like crazy with ample volume levels. Just four pages to read.

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6147

Opinions welcome.do you think that the cabinets could be made to resonate less? What do you think of the back panel it looks like its as thin as veneer!

dave
 
Well, in this picture
20111114183942235.jpg
the back panel doesn't look thin in the least bit.

It doesn't look like 'flimsy' anything really, a bit of bracing maybe but these look far from flimsy.
 
I picked a pair of 70Hz band pass woofers , Vifa 10 inch woofers I lined the back cavity with window seals , did make a difference. I guess sealing them might help a little , one thing I do notice however was the phase , they always sounded out of phase . I will experiment putting in a cap and making them 2nd order I think
 
Back
Top Bottom