• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Horn adapter.

dmar

Well-Known Member
Greetings, I have a pair of 311/60's with Great Plains 902T. Would I benefit from using the 21216 adapter rather then the EV adapter that I'm am using now?
 
Register to hide this ad
As I remember there is a slight difference in the diameters of the 900 series drivers versus the 800 series for which the 21216 was designed for and as I am not familiar with the EV adapter you are using I can't say. Call GPA I am sure they will have the answer for you as you are using their drivers. That said if you get a chance and find some 311 90's you will be happier with the sound for sure. Or to save money and space for a stereo system the 800 cycle Emilar horn.
 
Thanks. I 've been in touch with Bill in May about other drivers & or the throats. There's a 2 1/4'' difference in length between the Altec & the EV adapters. That was before I picked up the 21216's. If I remember correctly, he said to keep the 902-T's (not broke, don't fix). As for the 311/90, they're just to big for my setup. 8 1/2'' wider, so that's why I didn't purchase them. My speakers are 9.5' center & I sit back at the same distance, with the horns slightly angled off each shoulder(sweet spot) for my old ears. The adapters arrived last week & I'm was waiting for a can of soundproof (any day now, any day), but had got impatient & installed the w/o for now. I don't hear any difference, but in my mind I know the application is correct.
 
Back
Top Bottom