• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do you pronounce "Technics"?

How do you pronounce "Technics"?


  • Total voters
    42
My vote would be for the pronunciation "Techniques", but as it's still not clear which that would be in the above poll I'm not voting.
It would be /tɛkˈniːks/ — stress on the second syllable with (maybe) slightly longer vowel /iː/. I guess I should add a third variant, so altogether there will be three:
- stress on the first syllable
- stress on the second syllable, short vowel
- stress on the second syllable, long vowel

Ahh... It is all screwed up now. I'll just go through the replies when the thread dies down :bowdown:
 
It would be /tɛkˈniːks/ — stress on the second syllable with (maybe) slightly longer vowel /iː/. I guess I should add a third variant, so altogether there will be three:
- stress on the first syllable
- stress on the second syllable, short vowel
- stress on the second syllable, long vowel

Ahh... It is all screwed up now. I'll just go through the replies when the thread dies down :bowdown:

A long "I" would sound like "like", so is it Technikes? LOL
 
I am certainly no authority, so please don't anyone think my reply is gospel.

It doesn't seem that the NEEKS sound is the preferred nomenclature here in Ky/Tn.

I'm open for some expert opinions. Us bumpkins got it all screwed up, lol.
 
It's actually a word in English, dating from the 19th century,
technics.png

The above notwithstanding, I always heard /tɛkˈniːks/ from the audio-store cog-NO-cen-TEE and kind of like that pronounciation at this point.
 
Back
Top Bottom