• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How Do You Talk? - Quiz

I grew up in New Jersey before moving to Utah and then New Hampshire. Had me centered right in New Jersey.
 
After 13 years in AZ it picked Chicago (where I am from originally) & Rockford, IL

& Jackson, Miss. That's weird.
 
It knows my IP address. Why else would it pick Stockton, Ca.? (where my provider is located)

I don't think it looks at IP addresses when it processes the data... I'm on the net via our Richardson TX VPN gateway and it picked my location as being Stockton, Modesto, or Fresno. :scratch2:

I'm actually over the hills from the Central Valley in the South Bay, but I've been here for a long time and a lot of the folks I grew up with have migrated to the above places, so the picks make sense. The Bay Area dialect isn't anywhere near what it was 30-40 years ago. :no:
 
Seattle, Spokane or Salt Lake City, which is about right given that I was born and mostly raised in Vancouver, BC. I had thought that the four years I spent in Hawaii as a youth might throw it for a loop, though. We had some interesting terms and expressions there.
 
The one good thing about having a thick Hillbilly twang like I have is that it COMPLETELY flummoxes telemarketers calling from Hyperabad or Bangalore...Mbwahahahahaha...
 
Not even close.. Spokane, Boise, Salt Lake City. :headscrat

Born in Michigan, moved to Northern OH at 5 and stayed there until 18. Next 10 were in Eastern NC and then moved to Northern IL in 79.
 
Not even close.. Spokane, Boise, Salt Lake City. :headscrat

Born in Michigan, moved to Northern OH at 5 and stayed there until 18. Next 10 were in Eastern NC and then moved to Northern IL in 79.

I got 3 cities in Wisconsin. I have never even visited a state that borders Wisconsin.

:scratch2:


Carl
 
It knows my IP address. Why else would it pick Stockton, Ca.? (where my provider is located)

I thought the same thing, however my wife and I both took it and got different results.

Some relatives of mine via facebook got some pretty strange results.

Mine was pretty much dead on - my wife's was a bit off.
 
I'm in central NY and got Rochester, NY (highest) / Madison, WI / Honolulu, HI.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom