• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How I visit Audiokarma

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Was reading the "why no receivers" post which made me think there are many subforums I've never been in.
My AK visit always goes like this, starting from the top:
General Audio discussion
Speakers
Infinity
Dollars and Sense
****************************************
Sometimes I check out:
Solid State
Turntables
************************************
When I have time and want to window shop:
BarterTown Parts and Accessories
BarterTown Equipment
************************************************
Of course I don't limit myself to just one visit per day and I figure that is true for many members.

Just wondering if other AK members also check THEIR same preferred forums in the same order each visit, or do they just hit forums at random?
 
Register to hide this ad
I always have a look at the Barter Town, Klipsch and McIntosh forums (fora?) I occasionally drop by most of the others.
 
Turntables
Speakers
General Audio
Dollars and Sense
Back alley
Wings and wheels
Solid State
Usually the first three or four.
 
For YEARS, I only went to Speakers and D&$, but in the last year or so, I've tried to visit the General, Solid State and Member's Systems sections, occasionally BarterTown.
 
Pioneer
Exclusively Sansui
Marantz
Dollars and Sense
Barter Town
Barter Town Parts
General Audio Discussion
Back Alley Pub
Tube Audio occasionally
 
Movie & Television Forums
Music Forums
Musical Instrument Forums
General Off Topic Forums
General Audio Discussions
New Posts ... which often leads to subforums that I don't otherwise routinely visit.
 
Last edited:
At one time, and for several years, I'd make a beeline to the Speakers forum as soon as I jumped on the site. Now, it largely depends on what my day to day objective in the hobby is. If I'm researching for a gear purchase, troubleshooting, modifying/restoring, discussing performance/sonic characteristics, etc. I'll be watching the forum(s) associated with the gear in question. If I'm not doing any of that and am more or less in limbo, I'll watch the General forum to discuss the hobby or manufacturer forums to discuss associated gear I own or have a good bit of experience with so I can perhaps lend a helping hand to others. And regardless of whatever I'm doing or not doing in the hobby, I keep a close eye on Listening Spaces to help others with acoustics/system set up issues and Barter Town since I like to window shop.
 
usually General Audio Discussion and Turntables

sometimes Tube, Solid State, Speakers, Movies and Television, Listening Spaces, New Gear - Values, New Gear - Performance, General Off Topic Forums, and the two bicycle threads ;)
 
I usually check out bartertown first,then
general
turntables
speakers
lansing legacy
Marantz
McIntosh
members systems
then sometimes I browse other forums
 
new posts for me ,that way you can scroll down and see if theirs anything your intererested in and once your done you can hit mark forums read so the next time you visit you'll see all new posts since the last time you visited.
 
Back
Top Bottom