• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How Many Amplifiers do you have?

Spreadsheet says there are 37 power amps, 7 integrated amplifiers, and 11 pre-amps somewhere strewn around my residence...

Just the fact I have a spreadsheet is probably a bad sign...

Anyways, I have a Threshold SA/3 hooked up playing now.
 
Ah man, I so want to have to have a spreadsheet! lol

......I'm doing my best to get there.
 
Only one. Soundcraftsmen MA5002 completely restored/modded by me and Jon Logan.

I see plenty of Soundcraftsmen owners in this thread. :thmbsp:
 
Yamaha M40 (power amp)
Yamaha M70 (power amp)
Yamaha B-1 (power amp)
Yamaha c-2 (pre amp)
Yamaha c-70(Pre Amp)
Philips AH-280 (Pre amp for my MFB's)
Philips FA-890
Philips FA-930 (organ donor for other philips amps :))

The Philips even has the schematic on top of its housing

Below a pic of the B-1 with 1 broken V-Fet :(. It's been abused by its previous owner but it was such a steal I just couldn't let it slip (paid only 50 euro's for it)
yamaha-B1.jpg
 
Power amps:

Two - Yamaha M-2
Three - Yamaha M-4
Two - Nakamichi 620
One - Nakamichi 420
One - DIY tripath

Integrated:

One - Scott 299C
 
Sansui Integrateds -

AU101 x 6
AU222
AU505
AU555A
AU777A
AU919
AU117
AU317
AU317II
AU417 x 2
AU719
AU3900
AU4900
AU-D5
AU-D11
AU-alpha307

But there not all mine....

The AU719 an one AU417 belongs to my son......

And there are some Kenwoods, Pioneers, Rotels, NADS, JVCs....... I think I need help....
 
I've got only two power amps:

Bryston 4B (main system)
Nikko Alpha 2 (bedroom system)

keeping it concise. That's the way to go! - I've got a lot of work to do if I intend on getting my collection down to just a few "keepers". I've only got 2 ears and limited amount of rooms to listen in. Anything more than just a few amps, just spells hoarding. which is why I said that that the question of "how many" is sobering. Hmm... looks like there will be some tough decisions to make. :scratch2:
 
Aiwa-P22
Aiwa-P30 (x2)
Aiwa-P50
Alesis-Matica500
Ashly-FET200
Ashly-FET500
Ashly-FET1000m
Ashly-FET2000m
BGW-602B
BGW-GTA
BGW-1000
Crown-D60
Crown-D150
Crown-DC300a
Crown-Reference1
Hitachi-HMA6500
Hitachi-HMA8500II (x2)
Krell-FPB300
Nakamichi-PA5II
QSC-MX1500 (x2)
SWTPC-Tiger B (x2)
 
2) Yamaha M-40
1) Yamaha M-80
1) Spectro Acoustics 202
2) QSC PLX3402
2) QSC PLX2402
1) QSC PL236
1) QSC PL3.4
3) Crown CE4000
1) Battradio "Stancfish" 6L6GC tube amp
1) Audio Research 100.2
1) Mark Levinson No. 23

I think that's all...maybe....
 
I have:
GB150D Simple Killer Amp by Greg Ball ( kit built).
BGW 500D
HK Citation 19
Audiosource AMP Two.
Integrated: HK 505
 
Spreadsheet says there are 37 power amps, 7 integrated amplifiers, and 11 pre-amps somewhere strewn around my residence...

Just the fact I have a spreadsheet is probably a bad sign...

Anyways, I have a Threshold SA/3 hooked up playing now.

Ah man, I so want to have to have a spreadsheet! lol

......I'm doing my best to get there.

I started my spreadsheet, but it's not finished.

Maybe I'll work on that today.
 
I've cut down a bit:

Elan Z-Power (6 ch)
2 x Adcom GFA-2535 (4 ch)
ADA Rhapsody (12 ch)
Audio Control Architect 1250 (12 ch)
4 x Yamaha P2100 (2 ch)
JBL/Urei 6260 (2 ch)
Sonic Impact T-Amp (2 ch)

...and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

je
 
Sansui Integrateds -

AU101 x 6
AU222
AU505
AU555A
AU777A
AU919
AU117
AU317
AU317II
AU417 x 2
AU719
AU3900
AU4900
AU-D5
AU-D11
AU-alpha307

But there not all mine....

The AU719 an one AU417 belongs to my son......

And there are some Kenwoods, Pioneers, Rotels, NADS, JVCs....... I think I need help....

So would I be correct in assuming you're a fan of Sansui? lol
 
keeping it concise. That's the way to go! - I've got a lot of work to do if I intend on getting my collection down to just a few "keepers". I've only got 2 ears and limited amount of rooms to listen in. Anything more than just a few amps, just spells hoarding. which is why I said that that the question of "how many" is sobering. Hmm... looks like there will be some tough decisions to make. :scratch2:

I agree: it took me some effort to sell all the other amps I had at a moment (including all of my integrated amps). In the end, I feel relieved by the simpler situation that I've got nowdays.
 
Back
Top Bottom