• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

Way to many to remember (the joys of a giant storage unit).

These see use on a somewhat regular basis:

RTR-DR1 (favorites by far)
Klipsch KLF-20
Infinity 2000a
Klipsch KG 4
Polk 11-T
Realistic Mach 1

and for surround sound:

M&K 125/85 setup


Currently needing a little TLC, or just getting a rest

Realistic Mach 1a
Martin Logan CLS II (these are in hiding)
Klipsch Forte
McIntosh XR-14
ESS AMT-1
Bozak (2-301s, 1-401)
Vandersteen 2C
Janszen X-900 (my latest pick-up)

And then there's the dozen or so pairs that I really need to remember what they are so I can figure out what I want to do with them.
 
Right now I have 8 pairs of speakers and all are in use.....
All Klipsch

Khorns
Belles
Cornwall I
2 pair of Cornwall II's
Forte's
KG4
KG2

Still adding to the group and plan on buying some Jubs sometime after the first of the year............
 
Still way too many.

Currently in use:

Main system-Shahinian Obelisks
Second system-Dahlquist DQ-20's
Computer- Dynaco A-10's

Not in use, but reserved for potential apartment system out back:

Ar-4xa

Scattered around the house and apartment, occupying space, with very little chance of seeing use:

Dahlquist DQ-10's
Dahlquist DQ-8's
Polk SDA-1A's
Polk Monitor 10's
Bozak 302a's
KLH 6's
KLH-20's
EPI V100's

And probably a few more that I forget right now.
 
At one time, I could brag that I had no less than 108 speakers (some 43 pairs, with the balance being orphans).

Some of those were very good, others had their qualities, and others yet were just some paper cones in wood boxes.

Out of that entire group, just three pair made the final cut. They have also been joined by one additional set since, while I have sold one set, and one more set I still need to make the journey to pick up. So five pair in total were considered good enough to make the grade.

These are (in alphabetical order):

Bozak B-302A (the ones I just sold)
IMF TLS-50
JVC zero9
Technics SB-7000A (the ones I need to pick up)
Wharfedale Emerald 97 mk. IV.

Not included in the above list, just because I take it for granted that I will always have a set, are the Wharfedale Diamond 7.2- the ever faithful, diminutive workhorse of my collection.
 
  • magnaplane mg-2b
  • gillum g2
  • pioneer cs-801a
  • empire 8000p
  • ar4
  • ar7
  • ar2ax
  • nht zero
    I'm using my pioneer cs-801a's and the gillum g2's stacked right now and they sound amazing.
 
a bunch

Daily driver:
ESS classic

HT duty:
polk LSi7
Camber rega 3.5
PSW111

computer:
Warfedale diamon 8.2 active


not in rotation atm
ADS l810
mission 762
realistic minimus 7
" " 5
Dynaco a 25
JBL ??
 
I thinned out most of my gear this past summer including recv'rs, amps etc. I only have 4 pairs of speakers left......

Yamaha NS1000M's

Pioneer HPM-100's (re-capped)

2 pairs of Original Large Advents (1 pair refoamed and 1 pair refoamed and recapped)

When money and availabilty permits I'd still like to have/hear a pair of Dynaco A25's or perhaps some AR3a's.

.................R1:music::yes:
 
advent prodigy towers
smaller advents
audiosource ls seven
coral
infinity RSa(2 pairs)
paradigm monitor 9 v3
no name paradigms
sansui sp 30
sp 1700 non functional
2 sherwood sp 155w(dvc)
2 sherwood sp 60 satellites

all of them pairs unless where doubled.
 
If you ask my wife, too damn many.

bout 25 pairs, JBL 250Ti to Minimus 3

Unless and until I finish out the basement, I'm stuffed. I've even resorted to stashing a pair of work in progress 4311B cabs in the RV.
 
Acoustic Research
AR4 (active)
AR4x (2 pair)
AR2
AR2a (2 pair)
AR2ax (pre-1970) (Active)
AR2ax (Post 1970) 2 pair (active)
AR5 European cabinet (active)
AR5 (active)
AR3
AR3a European Cabinet (active)

Advent
Legacy (active)
Original Advent Walnut (2 pair) (active)
Advent/1

Boston Acoustics
A60

Cerwin Vega
AT-100 (AT-15 in U.S.) (active)

DCM
Timeframe TF-700 (active)

Dynaco
A25 (2 pair)
A25XL (active)

Frazier
Super Midget
Black Box II (active)

Heathkit
AS-37

JBL
Apollo S7 (active)
L3

Jensen
TR-9 (active)

Kenwood
KL-4080 (active)

KLH
Model 20 (2 pair) (active)
Model 17
Model 5 (active)

Klipsch
KG1
KG4
Forte II (active)

Lafayette
Criterion 50 (2 pair)
Criterion 100

Marantz
HD-770 (active)

Realistic
Mach II
Minimus 7 (3 pair) (active)

Rectilinear
III Highboys (active)
III Lowboys (active)
Mini III (active)
XI

Wharfedale
W40

Yamaha
NS-637
 
In use:
Infinity RS-IIb
Infinity RS-IIIb
Infinity Qe
KEF Reference 102

In the garage in storage or in some state of repair:
Infinity Primus 360
Infinity Primus 140
Dahlquist DQ-10
AR-2ax
DCM TF-600
 
Umm not many in light of ya'll. :)

Coral BX-1500's are currently the only ones I have hooked to my rig; in the basement awaiting the light of day are my JBL L150a's; JBL L-46's and a shoddy pair of HK-20's.

Because I hate tinny little computer speakers I have Zenith Allegro's (:)) and some cruddy Marantz 30/300's hooked up to a Toshiba amp.

My wife used to think my Corals were huge. I told her "wait until I bring the JBL's upstairs honey!"


Matt
 
you guys are nuts.

custom jbl's from the 80's
klipsch la scalas
klipsch heresey and heresy II
jbl 4312
kef c95
klh model five
klh model six 3X
klh model seventeen
klh model twenty four
altec lansing model 105
emi dsl 529
cambridge soundworks bookshelf somethingorother

embarrasing. need more.
 
We have 8 pairs.

Rega R5
Totem Rainmaker
Epos ELS3
Paradigm Atom Monitor v5
Paradigm Atom Monitor v6
Pinnacle AC 650
Boston Acoustics A120
Realistic Minimus 7
REL R205
 
JBL-L100.L112.L20T.P40
Advent-NL Bullnose.Utility.Prodigy
Imperial 7's.CV317p.Kenwood Kl888x.kl777x.HPM60.Toshiba ss330w.Pinnacle+6.AR94
Klipsch Heresy.Sansui SP Z-99. and a few orphans and diy's.Working towards thinning out.Once again.
 
Here are the ones I'll admit to owning:

Advent NL
Avid 103
Boston Acoustics HD-5
Cerwin Vega D1
Ohm Cam/Pro 42
Ohm Walsh 1
Infinity Qe
Infinity Quantum Jr
Infinity Primus 250
Infinity Primus 150
Polk LSI9
Wharfedale Diamond 9.6/CM
 
i think i need help

klipsch quartets
klipsch kg5.5
realistic mach one x ( 2 )
realistic mach two
realistic mach three
rectilinear highboys x (2 )
pioneer hpm 100 x 2
pioneer cs 99
ar 9ls
fisher heritage xp10
technics sb-7000a
pioneer hpm-1100
ar-4x
jbl l-65 jubals
jbl 4313b x 2
bose 901
bose 601 ll
klipsch fortes
 
Last edited:
wow you guys have so many! Then again me being 17 without a lot of money tells a lot.

currently I own:
Boston a100
Paradigm 5se
Paradigm model 9

I'm happy with what I have.:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom