• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Huge Frazier Speakers in PA...

Register to hide this ad
The seller is extremely knowledgeable about the going rates for audio gear (don't know if he is a member or lurker here). To be offering the pair at that Buy-it-Now price would imply that is the most of they are worth.
 
These are meant more to be used for vocal applications.

I'm sure you could make them work in a hi-fi setting, but you better have a pretty large room to account for that kind of horn and driver..

Price wise.. I can't see you would go wrong. It would cost you more than that to make the boxes I bet..

The freq range on these are from 80hz to 15khz.. (hence the 80 in the model #, from an 8" driver)
 
Nah.. Allan won't won't these.. even as much as I'm into stuff like this, they just aren't much for an in home use..

Now if I was doing DJ gigs I'd be all over them..
 
I wonder what the spl is on those babys. Maybe put them with a 30" subwoofer and my altec 511's for the highs. :no::no::no:

You know the old saying about how curiousity killed the cat - it's a wonder I am not dead yet.:yes:
 
Altec....Did someone say Altec?....

Nah.. Allan won't won't these.. even as much as I'm into stuff like this, they just aren't much for an in home use..

Now if I was doing DJ gigs I'd be all over them..

Frazier_F8-80_01.jpg



These them? Look nice, but I've got some bigger fish to fry....:yes:

I'll know for sure in a couple of minutes....

Stay tuned.
 
Big as in takes a lot of space.. or big as in lots of money and you got it cheap and it's not very common?
 
The seller is extremely knowledgeable about the going rates for audio gear (don't know if he is a member or lurker here). To be offering the pair at that Buy-it-Now price would imply that is the most of they are worth.


He lives near me - I've bought from him before.

He goes to auctions and buys gear and re-sells on ebay.

Prices are on the high side IMO.

Bob
 
Frazier F8-80

Nah, not mine.
If bidding, check to make sure they have the tweets in them.
They were cannibalized out of my pair, so the FR spec is not valid if so.

Was going to hook them up and play until I realized that... moved on to another project in the mean time.

They are pretty huge, and I believe exponentials.
Standing on end, taller than an A7 cab.
 
Frazier F8-80's

..when I look at them in more detail, will try to determine the origin of the 8" driver. The FUG on the Klipsch forum will likely have some input when posted there.

My suspicion is that (if/when the time comes) the 8" spec lends itself to replacement with a lot of high quality modern MR drivers, or vintage/NOS altec types, at a reasonable cost.
 
Back
Top Bottom