• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hurry- great McIntosh deal!!

Register to hide this ad
how can you call it a deal on a auction that has over an hour to go and 14 active bids ???

Because it is at approximately 1/4 the price I have seen them routinely go for lately. Maybe someone can get a deal. You have a point, but maybe it will stay low. Just an FYI really for Mclovers.
 
Aside of the final selling price, a lot depends on what it will cost to have the unit thoroughly gone through. There may be many more issues with the unit than what has been disclosed-unknown to the seller. As someone who's been down that road more than once, I'm well aware of what that can mean. Not hatin'...just sayin'.
 
I normally do not bid (snipe) until the last 5 seconds of any ebay auction unless bin, past experience tells me I am not the only one. It will be interesting to watch the last few seconds of this auction.
I do own a pair of MC30's that I like a lot... I would not consider myself a Mac lover in that I need every offering out there. There are some pieces I would go after, not so sure if this would be one. I also have a stable of Fisher equipment so that has a lot of bearing on my opinion. I am not saying Fisher is better by any means.
Seems approx $700 is what I see these for on C/L on a semi-regular basis. I always figure a little wiggle room on any C/L transaction. No matter what seller says in add, it is always different when you pull the hundy's out of pocket

THAT BEING SAID, IT IS A PRETTY UNIT !
 
Interestingly, I have a MAC of my own on eBay right now which is due to end on Sunday. I'll be watching the last couple seconds with interest.
 
Price has increased by almost $300 in 40 minutes. This one probably will not be a deal unless it stays there.
 
So, what does a MAC1500 go for these days? I take it more than the 450-500 they pulled in a year or two ago?
 
I've seen a super mint one offered by the original owner do $1,600. I was just discussing the cost of a resto job with Audio Classics who said $1,000 is not uncommon for a MAC 1500. Lots of parts are no longer available which means that certain parts must be rebuilt which adds considerable expense.
 
One of those recently did $4,550. I posted it here earlier. It had original box, all the papers, manuals etc.
 
I just found one that sold at just under 6k. When I wasn;t looking, mcintosh values seem to have doubled/tripled.
 
I just found one that sold at just under 6k. When I wasn;t looking, mcintosh values seem to have doubled/tripled.

No kidding! Guess my decision to trade a couple pair of large loudspeakers for two McIntosh 240s was a very good move. Maybe there will be a MAC standard instead of the gold standard. :D
 
Still a pretty good deal that it ended at. Anyone here win it? If so, congrats- it is a fine piece for sure!
 
Back
Top Bottom