• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I am in the presence of greatness....

KareBear68

Active Member
I log on here to add my little comments here and there (thank you Last Word), but tonight I looked thru some of the threads and am now sitting here in tears because of all the great members here. It is amazing how much support you all have for each other, even when you are on opposite sides of the world or right next door, that I couldn't hold back the tears. I applaud you all for your caring natures and willingness to help no matter what. Some days I don't feel worthy of adding my 2 cents, then I read things that make me realize that we are all human beings, living life and reaching out to those we know and trust. Without judgement, prejudice, or differing opinion, you all have each others back. I am in awe!! Thank you for letting me into a small part of this AK world, I am truly honored to be here. I wish I could hug you all, but this will have to do til the next fest...lol

Karen
 
Register to hide this ad
Glad you're staying around AK, Karen! :thmbsp:

On behalf of AKers in general (and with authority to speak that way having been usurped without their consent), "we're sorry to have made you cry!"
:D

You may have noticed a few crustier types around here, but have probably realized that some (more than a little) of that is bluff, and most people are genuinely friendly and helpful. That's exactly what what keeps a lot of us around this site, in preference to some of the other audio sites out there. There are nice people here, who genuinely care about and for each other.

I think most people prefer to treat others with respect, and hope to be treated the same way. The old "golden rule" has been around for a couple of millenia, for good reason. In principle, it is also "karma"! AK is a little "all audio, no attitude" corner of the net where it still applies, at least most of the time, thanks to a great core of people and some dedicated and vigilant moderators.
 
Well, I DON'T like NOBODY, & I DON'T want nobody to like ME...So there, Dammitt ! -The Meanest, Nastiest, most Hateful ol' Sumbich here...
 
Well, I DON'T like NOBODY, & I DON'T want nobody to like ME...So there, Dammitt ! -The Meanest, Nastiest, most Hateful ol' Sumbich here...

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know under that hard candy coating there's a soft and gooey center. There usually is...lol
 
Well, I DON'T like NOBODY, & I DON'T want nobody to like ME...So there, Dammitt ! -The Meanest, Nastiest, most Hateful ol' Sumbich here...

These super-sweet hug-ins make me want to say something mean just because, but Sandy always beats me to it! Now there's nothing left but to agree with the positive sentiments expressed above. :yes:
 
Hmmmpf ! Don't kid yerself, Kiddo...I'm so gotdang mean, I'd steal flies from Blind Spiders...I bought up the Old Ladies' Home & kicked 'em ALL out..Nobody likes me, everybody HATES me, might as well go out 'n' Eat Worms...
 
I log on here to add my little comments here and there (thank you Last Word), but tonight I looked thru some of the threads and am now sitting here in tears because of all the great members here. It is amazing how much support you all have for each other, even when you are on opposite sides of the world or right next door, that I couldn't hold back the tears. I applaud you all for your caring natures and willingness to help no matter what. Some days I don't feel worthy of adding my 2 cents, then I read things that make me realize that we are all human beings, living life and reaching out to those we know and trust. Without judgement, prejudice, or differing opinion, you all have each others back. I am in awe!! Thank you for letting me into a small part of this AK world, I am truly honored to be here. I wish I could hug you all, but this will have to do til the next fest...lol

Karen

Ahhh Karen!

You are one of my best students :D in the "Last Word" class & thanks so much for the wonderful sentiments. Yes, this place is the BEST & I remember all the support I got when I was out due to kidney surgery.

There have been wonderful people who sent me special pieces of equipment at their own cost so that I could get going. Truly amazing & you know who you are...

Even ole hard nosed Sandy :D called my gf to find out & relay my progress to the group. Made me cry too as I was a fairly new member.

Just a great group of wonderful hearts & I would look no further than this place for any type of advice and/or help if ever needed.

I don't have a lot of money to give back, but I try to offer my prayers & encouragement whenever I can.

Take care of yourself & know that you are welcomed & beloved here.

Don aka ole Teary Eyed Teacher Rome
 
Last edited:
tumblr_m4u3l73Q3U1r24u9j.jpg
 
Dammittall, Rome, you're gonna SPOIL my Carefully-Crafted reputation as a 1st-class Sh!theel tellin' stuff like that...Guess I'll hafta go out this evenin' & kick a few Puppies or sumpin' now...
 
Dammittall, Rome, you're gonna SPOIL my Carefully-Crafted reputation as a 1st-class Sh!theel tellin' stuff like that...Guess I'll hafta go out this evenin' & kick a few Puppies or sumpin' now...

Ahhh Sandy!

Hey ole friend!

No matter how you try to convince this old Texas boy, you are one of the kindest & dearest people I know, no matter what ya say! :D

I can see you just picking up one of those little pups & holding him/her tightly! :yes:

Rome
 
Ahhh Sandy!

Hey ole friend!

No matter how you try to convince this old Texas boy, you are one of the kindest & dearest people I know, no matter what ya say! :D

I can see you just picking up one of those little pups & holding him/her tightly! :yes:

Rome

"Has'n Fras'n Dirty Ras'n..." -Yosemite Sam, Esq.
 
Well, I THINK that's what he always mumbled after Bugs inevitably Got The Best of him...

I always thought he said something like Sassafras, but it coulda just been my young ears...lol

I also want to add another thank you to everyone. My tears of emotion last night have turned to tears of laughter. Ya'll are too funny, love the sarcasm that just oozes from Sandy's posts. Keep em coming!!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom