• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I need suggestions for scary movies.

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
My wife and I have been on a scary movie kick lately. The problem we are having is that she isn't scared of any of them. We watched, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, nope. We watched Human Centipede 1, nope. We watched Dream House, nope.

She did like The Orphan. We aren't really into the Omen type movies as we don't want to be cursed through the TV. :D Unfortunately, she doesn't like Zombie movies, which are my favorite. SAW type movies are out as well. She did like Along Came a Spider, so good thriller, scary movies are a good direction. I am thinking maybe some of the original foriegn versions of recent Hollywood remakes would be a good place to start. Our local video store has a world class collection, so even off the wall stuff is a possibility.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. If I don't get any, I will be force to watch Jane Austin movies all night. Please help...
 
Register to hide this ad
Throw in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If she doesn't get scared she'll at least be creeped out.
 
How about some classics?

Wait Until Dark (with Audrey Hepburn)
Rosemary's Baby
The Shining

I understand the Japanese version of The Ring is very scary, but I've never seen it.
 
Rose Red miniseries is pretty good
1408
Silence of the Lambs
Cape Fear
The new Amityville Horror
Hostel (but that might fall into Saw category)
Halloween (the original)
Exorcist (original)
The Omen (new)
Devil's Advocate (not really scary, but dark and pretty good)
 
The Others was good...not a super scary movie but good creepy factor.

Nicole Kidman looks great so thats a plus for the guys.
 
I recommend Descent. I've literally seen over 4000 horror movies. That's gotta count for something, right? ;) A large screen in a dark room is absolutely required, though.
 
I recommend Descent. I've literally seen over 4000 horror movies. That's gotta count for something, right? ;) A large screen in a dark room is absolutely required, though.

I second The Descent, especially if you're a bit claustrophobic. :D

Event Horizon creeps me out as too.
 
If you like

Along came a Spider then try Kiss the Girls with Morgan Freeman reprising his role and if you haven't seen Seven that's pretty good too.
 
That little flying ball in Phantasm always scared the crap outta me..

I saw that when I was like 7. I had to go out at night and deal with the chickens, etc., and I was always terrified that dude was gonna jump out at me. Watching it now, it's almost laughable.
 
When a Stranger Calls
Silent Night, Bloody Night
Night of the Living Dead
The Evil Dead

and actually...Deliverance
 
My wife and I have been on a scary movie kick lately. The problem we are having is that she isn't scared of any of them. We watched, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, nope. We watched Human Centipede 1, nope. We watched Dream House, nope.

She did like The Orphan. We aren't really into the Omen type movies as we don't want to be cursed through the TV. :D Unfortunately, she doesn't like Zombie movies, which are my favorite. SAW type movies are out as well. She did like Along Came a Spider, so good thriller, scary movies are a good direction. I am thinking maybe some of the original foriegn versions of recent Hollywood remakes would be a good place to start. Our local video store has a world class collection, so even off the wall stuff is a possibility.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. If I don't get any, I will be force to watch Jane Austin movies all night. Please help...


The Haunting, 1963
 
Back
Top Bottom