• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Identify? What is it?

aen1975

New Member
Identify? What is it? - BOSE

H360mm-W240mm-D180mm.
aurally 2-way 30-35 Watt

KLH/ADVENT/HH Scott - ?
Grill from a dense molded wool and glued around the perimeter of a compound.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00924.JPG
    DSC00924.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00931.jpg
    DSC00931.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00935.jpg
    DSC00935.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
how to disassemble? than dissolve the mastic so as not to spoil the (curious what's inside)

RS brand speakers - Rogers Studio?
 
the grills remind me of a set of Ohms I have....but my speakers aren't your typical "box" speaker, and I don't see a "box" speaker with that same grill on their site......of course the site doesn't have pics of all their models on there either, and I am not sure that they used them posts :scratch2: ......a pic minus the grills may help.......
 
how to disassemble? than dissolve the mastic so as not to spoil the (curious what's inside)

RS brand speakers - Rogers Studio?

RS = Radio Shack.

Grills glued on? Then you have to pry them off. A putty knife might work, Carefully get under a corner or on the side (anywhere it may be loose) and work towards the points where the glue is. Hopefully the glue "pops" loose and you don't premanently ruin anything.

Luck

(OH, yeah, I don't recognize them so I'm curious too).
 
Terminals don't look like any I've seen and Shack speakers. Early models had regular screws and often came with RCA connections as well for easy hook up.

I don't recall seeing many brands with those type of terminals, also made in USA eliminates a number of brands. Not to mention 4-Ohm! If those have vinyl, rather than real wood that would narrow down the vintage, i.e. not many brands made in USA, using those terminals, 4-Ohm and having Vinyl finish?

That has to narrow it down to maybe a few makers?
 
I'm quite shure they are radio shack speakers, and if they're in good shape they will sound good.
 
If the grills are glued, use the good ol' hair dryer to soften the glue and then try to pry them off
 
Those don't look like Radio Shack speakers to me. Every RS speaker I've ever seen had "Radio Shack" written SOMEWHERE on it. Usually on the back, on or near the terminal cup.
 
I think the rosewood vinyl means late '80's or thereabouts, so that would rule alot out as well. im certain they're not RS as well. How big are they?
 
Do-It-Yourself
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom